lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 2 months ago #11945 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Wow buddy.. Always hard at work!!!

I've been slowing down a little lately, need to play more guitar, or just play in general. I think Sol 580 stretched the limits of what I'm currently capable of, I put so much into it, I wanted to at least get something out, such as it was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
The topic has been locked.
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #11950 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
:pinch: :woohoo: Wow Todd - that's friggin awesome. I'll need a while to sit and mooch that one over :cheer:

Damn I wish mine were even half as good as that!

Sol 1126 - 1144

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206524
More
6 years 2 months ago #11962 by Glitch_Neo
Well I tried and tried to get some sort of finish near Todd's - I dont know what his secret Photoshop recipe is - but that's the 'Bar' I really would like to get close too.

Here goes nothing... lol

Sol 604 Right Mastcam, "The Kimberly" [PDS]

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206557

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=#/?slide=604
More
6 years 2 months ago #11964 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Looks good to me.

I wonder what's up with the "swiss cheese" rocks, located in the frame just above the big blue rock in the left center. I don't think I've seen a rock with holes in it before unless they'd been drilled, and I don't think these have been.
More
6 years 2 months ago #11965 by Glitch_Neo
Must be some weird heat reaction / bubbling? - that's the only thing I can think of..

I thought the blue rock at the bottom of the centre frames was odd too...

Here's my last for today, 3.30 am, and I'm up at 7 for the school run & work :dry: :( lol

Sol 1785 Right Mastcam - false colour

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206564

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=#/?slide=1785
Attachments:
More
6 years 2 months ago #11966 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

I dont know what his secret Photoshop recipe is -

My secret recipe is, there is no secret recipe. It depends what each image needs, they're all different, mostly it depends on the lighting and exposure on the original image. I use a lot of photo filters and color corrections, noise reduction and frequently use the smart sharpen function.
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #11970 by Glitch_Neo

I dont know what his secret Photoshop recipe is -

My secret recipe is, there is no secret recipe. It depends what each image needs, they're all different, mostly it depends on the lighting and exposure on the original image. I use a lot of photo filters and color corrections, noise reduction and frequently use the smart sharpen function.

He he he - Now I wish there was a secret set formula to creating the Gigapans... The lighting is one of the trickiest things to work with - I have done a few mosaics that look totally "gash" :sick: After a couple of hours fighting with them, I usually give up ready to return another dsay when I'm a bit better practiced.

As for the smart sharpen, Its a great function / along with the included noise reduction option - but I find I can go a bit over board and ruin an Image within a few tweaks... I really Need "To Use the Snapshot" option a bit more... Running limited ram and a crap old graphics card - A few times I have purged PS and realised I needed to go a few steps back... Grrrr

I'm still at the very bottom of the scale when it comes to understanding the capability of PS, I kinda blindly march on trying everything I can... 9 times out of 10 it produces utter garbage... every now and then It works :blush:

At the mo, I'm dedicating a lot of time to RGB stacking - which isnt easy when you a have single Grey/RGB image - adjusting exposure / brightness / contrast etc... on each channel against a known RGB picture - so far varying results to say the least.

Thanks Again Todd, your advice has been superb so far.

(How about strumming us a bit of Bob Dylan / or Eric Clapton on your Guitar! :whistle: )

Neal
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: