lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 1 week ago #12037 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Images and composites made from Mastcam images taken on Sol 402, 403, 404, 407 & 408 from "Cooperstown".

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206696

www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sols.html#chapter9

Cool presentation of the varying "rock" formations - it works well. :cheer:
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 1 week ago #12038 by Glitch_Neo
I have spent a whole lot of time on this this evening trying this "false" RGB stacking from the single Gray Image -

Here's my Chem Cam composite - with 'False stack' RGB - and then a few adjustments or 79,000 :S :blink:

Sol 1984 Chem Cam Composite - Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206707

www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01984.html
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=#/?slide=1984

:unsure: I'm undecided - I think the lack of clarity puts me off - but cham cam images can be a bit "Double vision" blurry....
Suggestions / Criticism / etc... is more than welcome... ;)

Neal
More
6 years 1 week ago #12054 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Here is a left Mastcam composite made from images taken on Sol 1302. It's pretty good for a left Mastcam composite, but it is not without its issues. The terrain closest to the Rover itself is some impressive stuff.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206763

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1302&camera=MAST_
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01302.html
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 week ago #12055 by Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 1 week ago #12056 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
There is a LOT of sand on Mars.

Reminds me of a book I've read several times, the first time as a child, by Arthur C. Clarke called "The Sands of Mars". It was written well before we achieved any sort of spaceflight, and was quite accurate in some of its predictions (dust storms, terraforming, etc.). I love those old science fiction books (but not the fantasy-type ones).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 1 week ago #12063 by Glitch_Neo
Arthur C Clarke, I remember a few of his books that my mom had when I was a child, he was a fascinating guy - with a vision of the future that is eerily close to reality in some cases. Definatley my kind of read thats for sure.
More
6 years 1 week ago #12066 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Clarke was one of my childhood favorites. I read quite a few of his books. I never read The Sands of Mars though. I suppose it's never too late. It is now at the top of my list.

Attachments:
  • ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: