lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 1 month ago #11971 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
I have 35 yrs of of experience in imaging and photography and even I get thrown for a loop. The remote nature of space photography means you kind of have to resurrect everything, especially when it comes to the raw stuff. The best way to determine color is find some whites or in the Rover's case, some lights. You'll see if they are stained a certain color, you'll want to apply the opposite. If something looks cyan, It needs red. If something looks blue, it needs yellow, and so on, magenta>green.

(How about strumming us a bit of Bob Dylan / or Eric Clapton on your Guitar! :whistle: )

Unlikely. :lol:
The topic has been locked.
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #11972 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

I have 35 yrs of of experience in imaging and photography and even I get thrown for a loop. The remote nature of space photography means you kind of have to resurrect everything, especially when it comes to the raw stuff. The best way to determine color is find some whites or in the Rover's case, some lights. You'll see if they are stained a certain color, you'll want to apply the opposite. If something looks cyan, It needs red. If something looks blue, it needs yellow, and so on, magenta>green.

(How about strumming us a bit of Bob Dylan / or Eric Clapton on your Guitar! :whistle: )

Unlikely. :lol:

:dry: :lol:

B) Here's one I tried earlier, it's not quite right - but I think It's almost palatable :sick: :blink:

Attachments:
More
6 years 1 month ago #11976 by Todd

B) Here's one I tried earlier, it's not quite right - but I think It's almost palatable :sick: :blink:

Is that a false color composite made from ChemCam images?
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #11977 by Glitch_Neo

Is that a false color composite made from ChemCam images?

Sure is - I hope it's not to offensive on the eye's :pinch:

I took the ChemCam Mosaic / layer by layer (R/G/B) and adjusted the levels - I spotted red is the lightest / with a lot of gamma and low contrast, Green Layer seems to be a fraction darker with more midtone and the Blue layer is a bit heavier on the contrast and mid to dark tones... (hmmm my description :dry: :huh: Sorry if its bad!)

There is a couple of colour mast cam image of the same area on Sol 1741 so it was a good ref point for the adjustments.

It took a while of twiddling and tweaking by very small amounts -

I just chucked this up as an example, this is pure slap dash 2mins job...

It's really tricky!!
Attachments:
More
6 years 1 month ago #12011 by Todd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #12023 by Glitch_Neo
MSL Rover - Sol 1981 Chem Cam Composite (W/false colour)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206669

www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01981.html
More
6 years 1 month ago #12027 by Todd
Images and composites made from Mastcam images taken on Sol 402, 403, 404, 407 & 408 from "Cooperstown".

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206696

www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sols.html#chapter9
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: