lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 4 months ago #10863 by Glitch_Neo
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 4 months ago #10865 by Marty
Replied by Marty on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
My apology Glitch. My question was poorly asked. I wasn't suggesting you may have faked anything, I was wondering if it may have been played with before it was originally posted by NASA.

You may have seen these items in your Gigapan. There are three very similar objects which are odd to me. The photos are as usual fuzzy which may mean the distortions are simply nothing of interest. What I see is an orb sitting on top of a ring.
I wish there was more clarity -- but it is what it is.
Hopefully my attempt to get you zeroed in on the object works. My skills on a computer are in the -0 level.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 4 months ago #10866 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Hey Marty,

No worries, I didn't take it the wrong way, you can't pick up on emphasis or tone when its written so it can be taken a couple of ways! I just wanted to clarify that nothing was added... ;)

Im going to look for these later when I have a bit more time B)

Here's Sol 1450 Gigapan - All the gigapans of this sol are split over 2 gigapans - so I made a larger gigapan with all 3 mosaics included... Its right on the limit of what my aging PC can handle though @ 449,000,000 pixels :woohoo:

SOL 1450 Mastacm - Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204760

Source: www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01450.html
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10867 by Marty
Quite easy to find.
If you fill your screen so your Gigapan just fills the screen you will see a large shadowed rock just left and below of center (roughly). To the right is another cluster of rocks.
Simply place your curser just off centre between the two formations of rock and zoom in.

The second one move left towards the shadowed rock cluster.

The third one, well, I'll be damned if I can find it now.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Marty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 4 months ago #10868 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Thanks Marty, I'll have a looksie ;)

Sol 1451 - Large Panorama

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204761

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1451&camera=MAST_
More
6 years 4 months ago #10869 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

My apology Glitch. My question was poorly asked. I wasn't suggesting you may have faked anything, I was wondering if it may have been played with before it was originally posted by NASA.

You may have seen these items in your Gigapan. There are three very similar objects which are odd to me. The photos are as usual fuzzy which may mean the distortions are simply nothing of interest. What I see is an orb sitting on top of a ring.
I wish there was more clarity -- but it is what it is.
Hopefully my attempt to get you zeroed in on the object works. My skills on a computer are in the -0 level.

Marty, the object you have circled looks a little like a trailer hitch. Or one of those brass ball finials you often see on the top of wrought iron railings. Can't really tell how big the objects are without some sort of scale.

It's funny how odd formations can occur over time and literally be a balancing act. We have some of those in the desert southwest area of the US where erosion has undercut rock and left objects on top in what appears to be precarious positions. I think we're seeing a lot of that on Mars.
More
6 years 4 months ago #10870 by Marty
Never been anywhere myself to see undercuts of such grandeur.

We have round stone balls all over our little ball of dust. Peru etc.
I guess, Mars should be no different.
And the balls of Mars (if I may) show up everywhere. Referred to as Blueberries, I assume because they are small.
Have a look (if you have not already) at this one. Zoom in on the rugged outcrop just left of centre. Another ball sitting on top of a rock base.
And then , just for fun --- move outward from the ball at the 10 o'clock angle you will see an apple with a great big bite out of it. (Joking here -- I have no idea what the hell that is)
Page 21
#9438 by Todd
Sol 792 & 794 Gigapans 200792
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: