Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Sol 844 Mastcam Composite (For dude) Nice large panorama

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204596

B)
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 4 months ago #10825 by Glitch_Neo
Sorry Todd, I didn't realise you had done the 844 Larger Mosaic.... :dry: Did you get the colour for your images from photoshop adjustments or MultiSpec? Multispec is really useful, but its taken me until now to work out how to use the channels and clips effectively! :blush:

Here's SOL 1819 - And - 1822 ( I have done 1819 already, but wanted to include the "Meteorite" in the bottom left image)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204637

Thanks
More
6 years 4 months ago #10826 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Sorry Todd, I didn't realise you had done the 844 Larger Mosaic.... :dry: Did you get the colour for your images from photoshop adjustments or MultiSpec?

No worries.Typically, I process the DRCX file at "entire range" in MultiSpec, then correct the color in Photoshop CC. That's the simple way to say it anyway, I use a lot of tools and I'm always working towards getting better results by employing new methods. I did the sol 844 image six months ago so it's probably in need of some re-doing. That one is a little backlit, so there are a few bothersome shadows. I now have 195 MSL GigaPans up. :blink: I'm going to do some of the new MSL stuff, then I'm going to start on some orbital missions and refine a method for them, they're a little more challenging and time consuming. I'm working towards processing a raw Hubble deep field galaxy image. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10830 by Glitch_Neo

Did / do* you get the colour for your images from photoshop adjustments or MultiSpec?
[*Edited by Glitch]

No worries.Typically, I process the DRCX file at "entire range" in MultiSpec, then correct the color in Photoshop CC. That's the simple way to say it anyway,

I tend to clip 1% to 2% in MultiSpec, especially the images that are really noisy - could be in my imagination but it takes a little noise out. I'm still fighting with Photoshop at times, blunderbuss methods usually... lol :oops:

I use a lot of tools and I'm always working towards getting better results by employing new methods.
I did the sol 844 image six months ago so it's probably in need of some re-doing. That one is a little backlit, so there are a few bothersome shadows.

Faststone image viewer has a nice sharpen facility - it exceeds my CS6 sharpen tool less ripping / tearing ... Other than that i've not found many i like...

I now have 195 MSL GigaPans up. :blink: I'm going to do some of the new MSL stuff, then I'm going to start on some orbital missions and refine a method for them, they're a little more challenging and time consuming.

Well i'm challenged by the mars rover stuff already, or I'm 'mentally challenged' as my dear wife would say!

Moon pics are tough to work with too - And I am very limited by my hardware... Athlon II x3 cpu - and an aging hd5450 coupled with 4 gb ram means image size becomes a massive issue... Although I have just bough my Youngest Son (Zak) an Nvidia 1050 GTX so I can steal his cast off 730 gt.... slight improvement.. :unsure: :dry: :sick: (Bloody Kids...)

I'm working towards processing a raw Hubble deep field galaxy image. ;)

Nice! You have my up most respect there man, that's going to be tough!

Many thanks for the reply too Todd

Neal
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
More
6 years 4 months ago #10831 by Glitch_Neo
Sol 1873 and Sol 1892 composite. Feedback please lol :lol:

(1892 is with false colour, made from greyscale images)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204655

Sol 1877 & 1887 10 tile mosaic

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204654

Enjoy
More
6 years 4 months ago #10832 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

I tend to clip 1% to 2% in MultiSpec,

Any clipping takes detail out of the lights / whites, so I rarely use it. With the full range image I can adjust the density / contrast later in PS.
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: