lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 4 months ago #10684 by Marty
Replied by Marty on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
It is encouraging to see the fossils.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 4 months ago #10687 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Here is a composite made from Mastcam images taken on sol 1063. There are some interesting materials on this one.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204386

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS originals

www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01063.html
Attachments:
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10689 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Let's just say for the sake of argument that this is manufactured. Then what is it and what function does did it serve?

If it is natural, then what processes could have formed it?
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ??. Reason: Changed text. Reset font.
  • ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10690 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
I did a video on this a few months back (I won't link to it, it's crap lol :oops: )

Here's 3 things I found odd with this mosaic... (Sol 1063)

1; face
2; Writing
3; God knows what, buried in the sedimentary rock layer(s)

See pics
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ??
More
6 years 4 months ago #10691 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Hmm...
  • ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #10692 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Glitch, I looked and looked but can't locate the face. Maybe I'm just not looking at it right, or it could be my old eyes. Could you point out where it is.

And regarding the writing ... I have trouble believing ancient Martians used Latin letters for their writing. Old English first came on the scene in about 500-700 AD, and evolved into modern English, or Latin, letters I think around the 14th century. It would be astronomically unlikely for them to use the same alphabet we do. And even if we did get placed on Earth by Martians fleeing their planet, that would have been many thousands of years ago, perhaps millions. Gotta conclude that the "writing" is nothing more than something that looks like writing (and I'll admit that it does), or our old friend ... pareidolia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 4 months ago #10698 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

<strong>Hmm...</strong>

Glitch, I looked and looked but can't locate the face. Maybe I'm just not looking at it right, or it could be my old eyes. Could you point out where it is.

And regarding the writing ... I have trouble believing ancient Martians used Latin letters for their writing. Old English first came on the scene in about 500-700 AD, [Snip*]

Gotta conclude that the "writing" is nothing more than something that looks like writing (and I'll admit that it does), or our old friend ... pareidolia.

Our friend pareidolia I think is pretty spot on with the Writing and Face... I first thought the Writing spelled AIRAX but after much looking it's definitely a trick of the light - I have seen quite a few markings like S 7 5 but these also are coincidence or my imagination projecting...

I do find the Anomaly in the sedimentary rock a bit weird, 'unexplain-ably' weird... (made up word there sorry! :dry: )
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: