check HiRISE Images on GigaPan

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #13011 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan

Here is HiRISE ESP_044017_1375 showing more terrain in the Hellas Planitia region.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209251

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_044017_1375

Any idea what all the regular features are? They're unusual to say the least.

Any idea what all the regular features are? They're unusual to say the least.

They are generally square, quarry-like step formations, approximately 43 yards in diameter.

NASA's plausible answer would have to be

It's just "swamp gas"... And a refraction of the overflow car park through a jar of ethanol in the science lab when we developed the image... :unsure: .. quickly move along civvies......

Some extremely geometric oddness going on there Todd. :blink:
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Glitch_Neo. Reason: I'm retarded & can't spell..... >.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #13070 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan
This is HiRISE ESP_026029_1340 showing some elaborate terrain South of Reull Vallis.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209431

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_026029_1340

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #13084 by Todd
GigaPan member JoAnn C has taken quite a few interesting snapshots from the HiRISE ESP_026029_1340 GigaPan page . Below are three I re-processed to make enhanced enlargements. To see all of her snapshots, click on the snapshot icon, then the appropriate thumbnails, I recommend taking a look, she has isolated some interesting features.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #13087 by Glitch_Neo
;) Interesting shots there ... Great Spotting by JoAnn C

Here's a few I have done over the last week or so - Sorry it's taken ages to post them up :whistle: I'm needing 36 hours in a day I think to get my calamitous luck with cars sorted!

MRO - 'HiRise' - ESP_053633_2295 "Small Hills in Diacria Region" Large 2.71 Gigapixels

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209457

MRO / HiRISE - ESP_054066_1920 : (Recent) Impact Crater "Bang and Whoosh!" [Full Resolution Jp2]

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209460

Theres an interesting geo glyph type feature like running parallel to the "Dust" ejection from the impact - Perhaps not a geo glyph as such on further inspection - but certainly odd - it almost mirrors the black ejected materiel.

MRO / HiRISE - ESP_052418_2650 "Defrosting Dunes within Chasma Boreale"

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209464

This image is very odd - the 'defrosting' dunes kinda freak me out - the liquid? that is visible is an eye opener...

Hope you all enjoy looking these over as much as I did :cheer:

More
5 years 9 months ago #13123 by Glitch_Neo
MRO HiRise - "Mount Sharp Central Mound" Oblique View - Enlarged / Filtered

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209604

Source Image : static.uahirise.org/images/2012/details/cut/mt-sharp-oblique.jpg

B)

Enjoy

"This image was acquired 24 hours after MSL landed to locate the hardware on the surface.

The color strip didn't cover the hardware, but does provide a spectacular oblique view of the central mound or "Mount Sharp".

The viewing angle is 45 degrees, like looking out an airplane window."

More
5 years 9 months ago #13127 by Glitch_Neo
:cheer:
Here's a really cool Gigapan of PSP_003910_168 - B/W Full res Image Cropped and false colour added &
A nice "Oblique Digital Terrain Model** Using the data from the Left Image and Layering it over a terrain mesh.

Wish I could do this.. I don't know where to start... :angry: :dry: :lol:

I have to thank a friend of my brothers for the terrain projected image on the right, although he doesn't want public credit for it :( - It's a shame he lives about 200 miles away or I'd be round there for some "training" lol on how to go about it...

MRO : HiRise [PSP_003910_1685] "Layering in Labyrinthus Noctis Pit" Composite with Oblique DTM**

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209610

I hope you enjoy mooching round the Image as much I enjoyed making it! :P

Neal / Glitch / TerraForm :silly:

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #13130 by Todd

Wish I could do this.. I don't know where to start... :angry: :dry: :lol:

There a few ways to do it. If you have a mac, there is an app being developed called Areo which is in the Beta stage. Since I don't have a mac, I can't verify its usefulness. If they do a windows version, I might try it.
thestateofspace.com/areo/
www.pixelfondue.com/blog/2017/9/12/hirise-data-visualization-made-incredibly-simple

You can create 3d landscapes in Photoshop CC, but it's not easy. I have a Photoshop 3d function, not sure if other versions have it available. You can also create flyovers but they are a little time consuming. I see Keith has been doing them, not sure what he's using. There are a few different options, you just have to poke around the net. Do you know what your Brother's friend used to render it?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Todd. Reason: additional info

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: