check HiRISE Images on GigaPan

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #11746 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan

If you've been staying up making gigapans till 5 in the morning, I'm surprised she'd even look at you. :) Thank goodness it's with amusement and not daggers. :P

Here's my solution.... It kinda works... :pinch: Not always, but it's the best solution - rather than being hidden in the "Man Cave" aka spare bedroom - :blink: :blush: The Mrs would never believe I could spend so long on Images of mars and space, reading and photochopping etc... Now she knows I'm not looking at p**n all night too! he he

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Glitch_Neo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11748 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan
Outside of it potentially driving you to a marriage counselor, beware of overexposure to blue monitor light. Excessive amounts will mess with your natural Melatonin levels causing possibly insomnia and double vision, among other negative affects. I have the filter in my glasses since I'm nearsighted anyway, but I've been hearing that other people have recently become affected after 10 or more years of looking at computer screens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #11750 by Glitch_Neo

Outside of it potentially driving you to a marriage counselor, beware of overexposure to blue monitor light. Excessive amounts will mess with your natural Melatonin levels causing possibly insomnia and double vision, among other negative affects. I have the filter in my glasses since I'm nearsighted anyway, but I've been hearing that other people have recently become affected after 10 or more years of looking at computer screens.

Don't worry Todd - Me and the wife are sound, she was laughing at the comments on here earlier, saying "Yes Neal, I should stab you!" Luckily for me, this doesn't bother her 90% of the time...And its more spontanious sleep that she suffers with now we are closer to 40!! As for (my) insomnia, well thats something i've suffered with for a long long time - Me and my eldest son (who spends excessive time glued to a pc) use a slightly yellow filter to ease the effect of the blue light - but it drives me mad while image processing lol...

Honestly, me, my marriage and my eyes are tickety boo for now!

Thanks for the concern mind, I appreciate it mate.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11752 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan
:cheer: I really didn't think your marriage was in trouble, not yet anyway. ;)

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #11755 by Glitch_Neo

:cheer: I really didn't think your marriage was in trouble, not yet anyway. ;)

:S :pinch: :dry: :huh: :unsure: :P

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #11764 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan

Hmmm. Maybe that's my problem because I have both of the maladies you mentioned. My opthamologist blames my blurry vision on 'dry eye', but high priced drops don't help. I too am quite near-sighted, and now need reading glasses to boot. Getting old is hell. :)
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by . Reason: FIFY.

• RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #11767 by Glitch_Neo
www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206239 = Superb Work Todd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: