Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan
HiRise - ESP_045305_1875_RGB - "Cerberus Fossae" Jpeg2000

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206066

www.uahirise.org/ESP_045305_1875

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11683 by Marty
Replied by Marty on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan
My one main problem is when I look at a photo I don't know if I am seeing it correctly.
For example -- Glitches post
www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206067
I am sure for most that look at it they see craters.
I see mountains or hills. There is a name for that but I forget what it is. Something like reverse stereoscope ???
Anyway -- this illusion (I don't know what else to call it) can flip on me even when I am looking at a photo.
Which means I may be sitting there wondering what I am looking at and then almost like a switch is flipped I see it in it's correct manor.
Don't know if anyone else experiences this.
When I am aware that something is odd to me usually if I zoom in on a neutral spot like a stretch of sand dune then slowly zoom out again the landscape reveals itself to me in it's proper manor.

I have trouble seeing what others see for most of the time. And it takes some thought to try see it correctly. And it is possible other can't see what I think I see for the very same reason.
You can just imagine some of the issues I have when I am carving wood.
It is quite frustrating at times.

Cheers

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #11684 by Glitch_Neo

My one main problem is when I look at a photo I don't know if I am seeing it correctly.
I see mountains or hills. There is a name for that but I forget what it is. Something like reverse stereoscope ???

Cheers

I get this with the High Contrast Moon images - Colours are not too bad but black and white Moon craters look like hills 80% of the time! it sucks... I have to look away and focus far away - then come back to the image - but it doesn't always make them concave again..

I kinda sit like a tard' blinking heavily and looking away to the distance then looking back - The Mrs finds it amusing.. :blink:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Glitch_Neo.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11685 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic HiRISE Images on GigaPan
I have that issue too Marty. I try to see which way the sun is hitting the hill (or depression) and go from there, but even then I could be wrong. But at least I can see it in my mind better that way. A stereoscopic image would help considerably, and I think they take stereo pictures but you'd also need both images and a viewer.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11686 by RocketDawg

Cheers

I get this with the High Contrast Moon images - Colours are not too bad but black and white Moon craters look like hills 80% of the time! it sucks... I have to look away and focus far away - then come back to the image - but it doesn't always make them concave again..

I kinda sit like a tard' blinking heavily and looking away to the distance then looking back - The Mrs finds it amusing.. :blink:

If you've been staying up making gigapans till 5 in the morning, I'm surprised she'd even look at you. :) Thank goodness it's with amusement and not daggers. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #11687 by Glitch_Neo

If you've been staying up making gigapans till 5 in the morning, I'm surprised she'd even look at you. :) Thank goodness it's with amusement and not daggers. :P

Ha ha ha - RocketDawg it doesn't always go down well - believe you me! Especially when the PC was in my man cave... Divorce papers in the wings (Kidding :lol: ) I'm set up at the back of my living room now blending in with my 40" HDTV Monitor - Discreet and subtle :lol: :dry: :woohoo: But we sit and put the world to right's of an evening - Old X-files or some crime crap in the background, we talk and humour each other a lot - First and foremost she's my best friend and harshest critic! Don't get me wrong, she's not a space or science obsessive, but we really do talk about everything from the kids to paradoxical time loops ( I love this one, it starts to really get in her mind! )

She does call me a geek, and thinks I've lost my marbles quite often... but after 14 happy years 2 kids, 2 cars, house and baggage we work together quite well.... Usually me doing "as I'm Told" works the best! :blush: ;)

Oh forgot to add - She works 3 - 4 nights a week 10pm to 6am at a food superstore a lot of te time... this affords me and my insomnia to scour images :lol:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Glitch_Neo.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11697 by RocketDawg

Ha ha ha - RocketDawg it doesn't always go down well - believe you me! Especially when the PC was in my man cave... Divorce papers in the wings (Kidding :lol: ) I'm set up at the back of my living room now blending in with my 40" HDTV Monitor - Discreet and subtle :lol: :dry: :woohoo: But we sit and put the world to right's of an evening - Old X-files or some crime crap in the background, we talk and humour each other a lot - First and foremost she's my best friend and harshest critic! Don't get me wrong, she's not a space or science obsessive, but we really do talk about everything from the kids to paradoxical time loops ( I love this one, it starts to really get in her mind! )

She does call me a geek, and thinks I've lost my marbles quite often... but after 14 happy years 2 kids, 2 cars, house and baggage we work together quite well.... Usually me doing "as I'm Told" works the best! :blush: ;)

Oh forgot to add - She works 3 - 4 nights a week 10pm to 6am at a food superstore a lot of te time... this affords me and my insomnia to scour images :lol:

Sounds like the perfect situation. :) Minding well is something husbands do the world over ... or suffer the consequences. I wonder if that was true of Martian males and females? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: