lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #11323 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Hey everyone!

Sorry about my absence - my old s**t heap of a PC gave up the ghost - so I have begged borrowed and cobbled a PC together out of spares ...

I was lost without it!!

Sol 931 Composite -

PDS raw version www.gigapan.com/gigapans/205394

Png - version www.gigapan.com/gigapans/205390

(www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/00931.html)

Glad to be back anyhow
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 3 months ago #11325 by Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 3 months ago #11327 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
I suppose everybody's noticed on most, maybe all, of the gigapans that the distant objects seem to be hazy. Looks like a hot, stagnant, humid day on Earth. Wonder if it's due to humidity (probably not), sand (possibly), or what? One would think that a virtual lack of atmosphere would mean next to perfect vision.
More
6 years 3 months ago #11334 by Glitch_Neo

I suppose everybody's noticed on most, maybe all, of the gigapans that the distant objects seem to be hazy. Looks like a hot, stagnant, humid day on Earth. Wonder if it's due to humidity (probably not), sand (possibly), or what? One would think that a virtual lack of atmosphere would mean next to perfect vision.

It is odd - We know there is a weather system on mars, dust storms etc... which to me would indicate a thicker more stable atmosphere than Nasa are telling us... but that's only my un-educated opinion :blush:
More
6 years 3 months ago #11335 by Glitch_Neo
Sol 903 Mastcam Composite

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/205412

Sol 924 through to 930 "Mineral Veins"

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/205409
More
6 years 3 months ago #11341 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Top image ... looks like slate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 3 months ago #11343 by Glitch_Neo
Cheers RD - I spent quite a while on this set of pics.. Started over twice until I was happy with the clarity. B)
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: