Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Ha ha squeezed one more in...
SOL 1809 & 1811 Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204251
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 5 months ago #10602 by Marty
Replied by Marty on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Glitch, your gigspans 203523 & 203525 have some interesting pieces. Of course it could be the way the light is striking. I don't know how to save these pictures on my pc well enough to mark them but I will do my best to get you looking into the area I find of interest. You probably have already seen these items or maybe they have been posted elsewhere. If so just ignore my post.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 5 months ago #10603 by Glitch_Neo

Glitch, your gigspans 203523 & 203525 have some interesting pieces. Of course it could be the way the light is striking. I don't know how to save these pictures on my pc well enough to mark them but I will do my best to get you looking into the area I find of interest. You probably have already seen these items or maybe they have been posted elsewhere. If so just ignore my post.

Here's a re-processed version slightly enlarged for you to pick through if its any use

Sol 1376 (2 different RAW processes used so posted both images)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/ce61d0ee8cc49bca1b0ade4364023804

Enjoy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #10608 by Glitch_Neo
A few here,

SOL 100 Gigapan

These images are all a bit rough and grainy, not sure if they have been mosaic'd up before? Theres some nice detail though.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204266

SOL 1877 Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204264

SOL 1876 Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204257

Source(s) from respective Sols on JPL nasa Website [ mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/ ]
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
More
6 years 5 months ago #10615 by Glitch_Neo
Ok - I need to get out more.... :lol:

Sol 263 Navcam - Gigapan - This has some interesting oddities, and has enlarged very well using "Bi-Cubic" filtering.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204269

(No Spazzy Salmon Colour :unsure: )

Sol 1256 Mosaic Set...Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204274

Sol 1249, 1255, 1256 Mastcam Composite - Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204275
More
6 years 5 months ago #10616 by Marty
In October 1957 I watched Sputnik pass over.
In August of about 1963 I was sitting in my old mans outhouse about 11 pm with the door open when an meteorite went over my head. It wasn't far off the ground and it hit in the rolling hills about 25 miles west of me. I don't think it was ever found.
I had all but forgotten about that until I was in a town one day 30 years later that had a large foundry that melted scrap metal and I caught a whiff of the smoke coming out of the stacks.
Instant flashback to what that meteorite smelled like. Exactly the same smell.
Hard to keep this short Gents but my life has been skyward and full of wonder.

To the Gigapan men -- my hat is off to you. Wow - what a thrill it is to be allowed to view your works and even more so to be allowed to give an opinion of what I feel is a significant observation.
Do not ever stop what you are doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd, Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 5 months ago #10617 by Marty
Glitch wrote --
Here's a re-processed version slightly enlarged for you to pick through if its any use

Sol 1376 (2 different RAW processes used so posted both images)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/ce61d0ee8cc49bca1b0ade4364023804

Thank you. The lower right hand corner seems to be quite busy. I wish I had better eyesight.
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: