lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 5 months ago #10618 by Marty
Replied by Marty on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Glitch wrote:
Alien Invaders / Sonic / Electric Ark / Tectonics / Nukes - It's difficult to sift through some of the crap people spout about certain theory's - but one thing is for sure, It devastated a nice little planet and civilization - right on our doorstep! Nasa know soooo much more than they will release - its shameful.

I was standing the other day by a pillar made of Tyndall stone when I noticed something I had never seen in such rock. A fossil of a shell.
I occurred to me that I have yet to see a fossil in any of the rock on Mars.
At least to what I would call a fossil of what I am used to. The planet may well be covered in fossils and unrecognizable because we truly have no idea what shape creatures if any on Mars may look like.
I really do not expect to see skeletons as and skeletal structure I would think that may develop on Mars would be quite frail due to low gravity. No need for big bone girls there.
As my mind wandered I also became aware that Mars is a very "dead" planet. Not just because of the shattered appearance, but also because all the Gigapans you Gents have placed together. They show very clearly a secret of an eerie stillness.
By that I mean -- in all the Gigapans that show hills with sandy slopes I do not see nary a one that has a trail in the sand of any object recently rolling downhill.
What are the chances of that?
There seems to be a stillness in the bowels of Mars.

I had not thought of Sonic Shock or an Electric Arc.
What I thought when I said Mars looked shattered was that one of two things could splatter rock shards as we see.
One of two things but neither without the presence of one item. WATER.

Rocks taken from a wet riverbed make a nasty ring around your campfire. The rocks will explode sending shards all over. Some rocks are more porous than others. Which would create a greater reaction depending on the heat.

The other -- extreme cold. If the atmosphere left Mars rapidly and took the surface water with it, and extreme cold set in -- saturated rocks would be popping like artillery as the rapid deep freeze set in.

And lastly , just for fun -- over the years presumed Martians are , well,are deemed to be like us. When in truth, we do not know if they ever existed, and if they did, if they were bi-ped, tri-ped , quadra-ped.

I do know that I will never live long enough to get the answers I seek.
I do know I believe there is more to the story.
And I firmly believe that whatever the truth is , we have not been told it.
And I do hope you do not feel my post is crap ( and I would not take insult if you did) it is just my opinion of the shattered planet I see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #10620 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Myself, I consider this a very good post.

I don't know how old you are, but at 60 I hope to live to see the truth about Mars unveiled, one way or another. As it appears to me that we are in an acceleration of acquiring and analyzing information, a quickening perhaps to the layman, I am of the opinion that enough information will be both acquired and processed in my lifetime to have a fairly complete understanding of Mars.

As for fossils on Mars, here is one, alleged:

And here is the story that goes with it:

The Curious Case of the NASA Crinoid Cover-Up

And there's A Fossil Hunter's Guide to Mars

Welcome aboard!
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ??. Reason: Added link. Added video. Reset font.
  • ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #10622 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Glitch wrote --
Here's a re-processed version slightly enlarged for you to pick through if its any use

Sol 1376 (2 different RAW processes used so posted both images)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/ce61d0ee8cc49bca1b0ade4364023804

Thank you. The lower right hand corner seems to be quite busy. I wish I had better eyesight.

No problem at all Marty, I will when I get time try to take a closer look and pull some detail out - I'll get back to you on this one!

Any other sol's etc.. just send me a PM or leave a message in here :-D

As for fossils.....

Is this a fossilized shell? I thought Composite item, but the center looks like calcification

www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.php/forum/the-planet-mars/4852-composite-item-sol-1409

I didn't realize, but it's been quite well covered here ~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty
More
6 years 5 months ago #10625 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

In October 1957 I watched Sputnik pass over.
In August of about 1963 I was sitting in my old mans outhouse about 11 pm with the door open when an meteorite went over my head. It wasn't far off the ground and it hit in the rolling hills about 25 miles west of me. I don't think it was ever found.
I had all but forgotten about that until I was in a town one day 30 years later that had a large foundry that melted scrap metal and I caught a whiff of the smoke coming out of the stacks.
Instant flashback to what that meteorite smelled like. Exactly the same smell.
Hard to keep this short Gents but my life has been skyward and full of wonder.

To the Gigapan men -- my hat is off to you. Wow - what a thrill it is to be allowed to view your works and even more so to be allowed to give an opinion of what I feel is a significant observation.
Do not ever stop what you are doing.

Well said, Marty.
  • RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #10626 by RocketDawg

Glitch wrote --
Here's a re-processed version slightly enlarged for you to pick through if its any use

Sol 1376 (2 different RAW processes used so posted both images)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/ce61d0ee8cc49bca1b0ade4364023804

Thank you. The lower right hand corner seems to be quite busy. I wish I had better eyesight.

Yeah, the right hand sides have some interesting things. Does anybody else wish those gigapans would go in a step or two closer?? It's always disappointing when you hit the last enlargement. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty
  • RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #10627 by RocketDawg
Once again, Marty, I agree with you.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by RocketDawg.
  • RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #10628 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
SOL 1805 (Second version of this sol)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/204293

www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01805.html

Image Credit(s) Nasa JPL Caltech
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: