lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 7 months ago #9990 by Glitch_Neo
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 7 months ago #9992 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Great gigapan! I love to see everyone's gigapans .. I make some as well. Keith Laney has been on a roll doing them as well! Glad to have you on the site buddy! I need to get up some more videos and promote the gigapans more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 7 months ago #9993 by WillFarrar
As always Todd these get better and better!
More
6 years 7 months ago #9995 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Great gigapan! I love to see everyone's gigapans .. I make some as well. Keith Laney has been on a roll doing them as well! Glad to have you on the site buddy! I need to get up some more videos and promote the gigapans more.

There's some really amazing Gigapan's being made at the mo, Todd always seems to get the colour and clarity spot on, and Keith as ever is producing some top work. I'm really pleased with some of the ones I have managed to put together, but I will always be chasing Todd and Keith's tail in that dept! I'm a rank amateur in the photo processing world lol

Thanks for having me here, you and Todd have made me feel very welcome, I love reading Citizen Quasars news links, some eye opening stuff, Rocket Dog and Dude are great active members, good to hear other opinions and perspectives. It's a shame so many are just "fly on the wall" observers, i'm sure some of them have some interesting ideas and finds that would be nice for them to share.

Take it easy Will and keep up the great work.

Thanks guys.

Neal
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9996 by Glitch_Neo
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd
More
6 years 7 months ago #10001 by WillFarrar
Neal,
Your stuff fits right in! Keep at it.. The more people we have that are willing to do the work and put themselves out there on a board like this or a youtube channel like you have started are the ones that will eventually bring the fly on the wall observers to whatever understanding they take all of this to be for themselves. There are usually about 50 to 150 people on the website at any given time during the day. The stats show that most of the hits are on the forum pages. For some reason these get picked up by Yahoo News but my articles don't. When I started the website I didn't really have any idea that people would actually sign up and use the forum. There are a lot of good forums out there but you run into a lot of know it alls it seems like. That can be good and bad. I used to spend a lot of time reading posts on Above Top Secret and always check up on The Hidden Mission but usually just get the latest stuff from Keith in our emails back and forth with the imaging team over at Hoagland's Enterprise mission. I come here for the news and lately have been blown away at the work you all are doing!

It has been great to know that if I disappear for a little while there is still active content on the site. The ads really make nothing so I have turned a lot of them off over the last month. Maybe have one or two on a page. It helps with the hosting fees but one day I am going to get this thing on its own server and not a shared one. Then invite all of you guys who help us to sit in on a skype or something to take ideas how to rebuild the site with what we have already and make it so people can easily find something they are looking for. I would rather have 10 or so people posting great information and pics than a bunch of people arguing or trolling like on YouTube! As always we are glad you came by and signed up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 7 months ago #10009 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Here are composites made from Mastcam images taken on sol 1441 in the "Pahrump Hills."

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/202686

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1441&camera=MAST_
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01441.html
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: