lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9967 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

These are fun to look at. While I string together a lot of links in the News section, photographic manipulation is not, presently anyway, my forte.

I keep seeing lots and lots of thin flat layering and squared off rocks. I always wonder if this is the result of repeated sedimentation and natural erosion or is some kind of building material and the remnants of ancient structures.

It's got to be from eons of sedimentation. We have the same layering right here on Earth. I'm guessing that the areas we are seeing (which, of course, are a really small portion of Mars limited by the rover's range) result from water flow, drying out, water flow, and the process repeated over and over many years ago. Today there is no flowing water.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Removed erroneous HTML tags.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 7 months ago #9978 by Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 7 months ago #9979 by Todd
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #9980 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Bloody hell, of all the sols - I was just processing the 565 566 567 sets... :lol:

Here's Sol 565 Gigapan I just finished, but I may still post the 566 567 if thats ok with you Todd.... I don't want to tread on toes! lol

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/202637

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=0565&camera=MAST_

Neal
More
6 years 7 months ago #9981 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

..but I may still post the 566 567 if thats ok with you Todd.... I don't want to tread on toes! lol

Yes, of course, don't worry about that. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #9989 by Todd
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: