The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago #993 by Dawn
This is a very interesting image, Todd. I've seen this type of rock "formation" in many Mars images, some imaged from the orbiter, as well as the Rovers. It's strange how a group of large rocks in an otherwise randomly strewn landscape would manage to end up all together, standing on end. Note that, if you crouched down between the rocks, you'd be protected and hidden, where you could view the valley in relative safety. Many of these standing rock formations can be seen on hilltops and ridges--it make sense to me that one could even use them as a sort of rudimentary "pillbox". Good find!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

More
9 years 1 month ago #1044 by Todd
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Dawn

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #1082 by Dawn
Todd, do you have image program, like Photoshop or GIMP? In that link you provided, I spotted something, but the resolution stinks and my skills with GIMP are very rudimentary at best. Will has great skills but I know he's very busy, would one of the other members have time to look this over?

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #1084 by Wilson
This is an Interesting Pic. I truly believe this may have been a tumb site with a monument that was totally destroyed. then weathered for a couple hundred thousand years. Well maybe. great stuff people.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #1085 by Todd
Jane, yes I do. Did you find something in the color image? Wilson, that dog is adorable. :cheer:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #1086 by Dawn
Well, yes, now that you mention it, I did! Off to the far right of the image, I was just hitting "next" and enjoying the view when this one caught my eye. areo.info/mer/opportunity/3973/tn/1P480884529EFFCMQDP2392L5M1_L2L5L5L7L7.jpg.html. On the far right, about the middle, there's a flat area, that's bordered on both the bottom and left by short little "retaining walls". Lying flat on this flat area is what looks like a skeleton, most of one anyway. LOL, my eyesight leaves a bit to be desired so maybe you could take a look-see and tell me what you think. These are fascinating images, thanks for the link!

And yes, that dog IS adorable!

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: