lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

5 years 7 months ago #13590 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Yep same here. its taken over 10 attempts to upload a large 1.6 gigapixel pan today too!

I thought it was just me :ohmy:

Yes, yesterday I finally gave up trying to access your 1959. It worked fine just now though.

I think we'll just have to wait it out for now.

It happened again just now on one of Glitch's gigapans. He posted two, and the other one worked just fine.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #13592 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Yep same here. its taken over 10 attempts to upload a large 1.6 gigapixel pan today too!

I thought it was just me :ohmy:

Yes, yesterday I finally gave up trying to access your 1959. It worked fine just now though.

I think we'll just have to wait it out for now.

It happened again just now on one of Glitch's gigapans. He posted two, and the other one worked just fine.

Hey RD, I think the issue is with the dust covered old rack up the corner that hosts / serves the Gigapan collection... Perhaps the cobwebs have built up that much it keeps overheating on a certain amount of data... LOL :dry: :lol:

Sorry, On a more serious note, it's been playing up for a while now :dry: and with no real investment in the brand that I can see of, its just outdated pages and awkward navigation's :blink: :sick: sadly... Other than the Pan's themselves that is... Have you seen the *Cough* Forum?! Woeful and so out of date, just like the Gigapan lstest news ..... :lol: :oops:

I sincerely hope that some one in a position to do so, actually does so, and puts 5 mins of admin effort in and freshens it up - I could even live with adverts if it kept the service running well and "Free" just about lol Plus I don't want to loose all 620 odd pans I have posted up LOL :unsure: :huh: :blink:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
More
5 years 7 months ago #13603 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Yeah, I really enjoy the gigapans and hope they do whatever is necessary to keep it up to date. It's a great resource, and I like "free stuff", but like you, could stand an ad or two if need be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
5 years 7 months ago #13612 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Here are composites made from Mastcam images taken on Sol 1047, 1056 & 1057. I think I'm going to hold off on uploading any further composites to GigaPan for now, so this could be the last one for a while.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/211280

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1047&camera=MAST_
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1056&camera=MAST_
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1057&camera=MAST_
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #13623 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

I think I'm going to hold off on uploading any further composites to GigaPan for now, so this could be the last one for a while.

Noooooo I love your Pans....
More
5 years 7 months ago #13625 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Noooooo I love your Pans....

Thanks, a lot of the Curiosity composites that are do-able, I've already done. I have close to 300 up , a lot of which are multiple Sol compilations. I may use this time to work on some more labor intensive images from other missions.
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #13626 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
You've done <em>a lot</em> of good work, Todd, I'd say incredibly good work. If you think you need a rest then by all means take one. In the meantime, others will, hopefully, continue to post Gigapans as we anxiously anticipate your return. :cheer:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by ??.
  • ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: