file Sol 855 - Markings

8 years 5 months ago #3043 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Sol 855 - Markings
While we are on the subject of 844 and 855, both of these are images of the same area Pahrump Hills. 844 was taken with the Mastcam Right-100mm, 855 was taken with Mastcam Left-34mm. So 844 shows more detail at 100%.

The problem I found is that in 855 there is a ball/spherical object that is not in 844.
I appreciate any feedback!!

MSL 844

Links:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0844MR0037530170500969E01_DXXX&s=844
combined with
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0844MR0037530160500968E01_DXXX&s=844
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #3044 by Badsneaker
Attachments:

More
8 years 5 months ago #3045 by Haymaker
Replied by Haymaker on topic Sol 855 - Markings
It's still there, it just looks less spherical in the better image.

I stopped trusting the smaller landscape images for similar reasons as they can be misleading. Also found anything in mid distance or farther is not reliable. Been caught too many times getting excited over an image only to find a better image a couple of days later that burst my bubble.
Attachments:

• Haymaker
  • Haymaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 days ago - 8 years 2 days ago #5091 by Haymaker
Replied by Haymaker on topic Sol 855 - Markings
Thanks to tips and advice form Todd and Will it is possible to revisit the original image with an 8 bit image.This image is processed from a DRXX.img. The original DRXX.img image is dark. A further image software - Affinity Photo - was used to brighten.

Here are the markings enlarged.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 days ago by Haymaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gessa

• Haymaker
  • Haymaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: