file Plumes On Mars.. Clouds? Venting? Eruptions?

5 years 6 months ago #13833 by ??
FIVE WAYS TO LISTEN

However, due to technical difficulties it was a re-run. :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #13838 by Todd

However, due to technical difficulties it was a re-run. :(

Rescheduled for tonight, hopefully that happens.

www.theothersideofmidnight.com/how-to-listen/

More
5 years 6 months ago #13839 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Plumes On Mars.. Clouds? Venting? Eruptions?
It was crazy we went to go online. Had 7 of us on skype. Blog talk radio host totally didn’t start. Just put our chat on live with no bumper or anything. Richard was upset. Gives Keith a little more time to find more winter pics with the same “clouds”. Which I am thinking venting. The nasa Twitter shill said it happens in summer. He found plenty in winter. Something maybe under there still Alive from that old volcano!

• WillFarrar
  • WillFarrar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #13847 by dude
Hi to ALL. Since WILL asked for our opinions here is mine. just based on the video I feel that this anomaly has to be a frost covered area. I base this thought on the fact that there is no constant movement, there is no giant shadow for such a large object (1000 miles long) & the bright white color. the source would have to be either liquid water or nitrogen which could change the outline of this object depending on the atmosphere and the rate of the supply source. just my thoughts B)

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
5 years 6 months ago #13848 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Plumes On Mars.. Clouds? Venting? Eruptions?

Hi to ALL. Since WILL asked for our opinions here is mine. just based on the video I feel that this anomaly has to be a frost covered area. I base this thought on the fact that there is no constant movement, there is no giant shadow for such a large object (1000 miles long) & the bright white color. the source would have to be either liquid water or nitrogen which could change the outline of this object depending on the atmosphere and the rate of the supply source. just my thoughts B)

If it's frost, it has to be caused by something to be in the shape it's in, so it's possibly frozen venting, whether it be gases or water. I also don't think it's a cloud, because it seems to have a point source, and the shape is streamlined, like blowing in the wind. I'm going to vote for volcanic venting, or at least some sort of venting.

More
5 years 6 months ago #13849 by Todd

dude wrote:

If it's frost, it has to be caused by something to be in the shape it's in, so it's possibly frozen venting, whether it be gases or water. I also don't think it's a cloud, because it seems to have a point source, and the shape is streamlined, like blowing in the wind. I'm going to vote for volcanic venting, or at least some sort of venting.

I definitely think it's atmospheric, based on the morphological evolution of what we're seeing. I do see something of a shadow present. To see the event play out on the webcam, go back to mid September.

www.flickr.com/photos/esa_marswebcam/

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #13852 by ??
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by ??. Reason: Corrected link. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: