6 years 2 months ago #11990 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Opportunity and Spirit Gigapans
It's a weird looking "formation"

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #11996 by Glitch_Neo

Gotta wonder how those large rocks on the hill (center of gigapan) stayed where they are when whatever happened, happened.

Well I decide to use the image posted and try and pull some detail out - its at 300% original size so it's best viewed around 70% zoom I'd say....

MER-B Opportunity Rover - Sol3977 - 'Sripit of Saint Louis' outcrop.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206607

Snow, huh? We've had well over 3" of rain here since this morning and it's still coming down. It's cold and snowy in the Western US, warm and wet in the East, and Rome had snow. Strange. I guess snow in the UK isn't all that unusual since you're almost inside the Arctic Circle. :)

Its been pretty cold here the last few day's - hovering around -4 to -5 - The snows not particularly deep, but it's causing chaos on the roads :blink: the last couple of days has been fun getting to work - I work 30 miles away and usually I travel via country roads - but they have their hazard's! Today not far from home a snow plow had slid off the road and blocked it :lol:

But even though we are on the same latitude as New York and up into Canada - We don't tend to see snow too much - It's odd, as a kid we had lots of snow, 2 - 3 foot deep some years, since the late 90's it's been getting less and less each year - more mild and wet than cold and white... Plus the Gulf Stream keeps this place warmer than our latitude would suggest.. You know us Brit's; "Mild and bland Wimps" :ohmy: :lol: God only know's how we had such an Empire, we moan if it's too hot, too cold, too wet ... They must have been made of tougher stuff :blush:
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Glitch_Neo. Reason: off topic pics really removed inserted imgs

More
6 years 2 months ago #11997 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Opportunity and Spirit Gigapans
Here are some other views of the Spirit of St. Louis Crater from various Sols that I processed a few months ago.

www.gigapan.com/galleries/13547/gigapans/200681
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
6 years 2 months ago #11999 by Glitch_Neo
:cheer: A really well polished composite, there sure are some intriguing looking "Rocks" in that area :ohmy:

More
6 years 2 months ago #12019 by Glitch_Neo
Mer-B Oppurtunity Sol(s) 287 - 294 " Burns Cliff" Gigapan -

Colours a bit weird (Couldn't do much else to change it :blush: )

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206644

More
6 years 2 months ago #12022 by Glitch_Neo
MER-A Spirit Rover - Sol 1174 - Pancam Composite - "Ball Park" Gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206674

MER-A Spirit Rover Sol(S) 1366 1367 1368 Composite - "West Valley pt 1,2 &3" gigapan

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206675

More
6 years 2 months ago #12024 by Glitch_Neo
MER-A Spirit Rover - Sol 1344 - 'Southwest Ridge' also called "Humboldt Peak" [RGB Stacked Jpeg] @ 350%

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206683

Source images from : www.midnightplanets.com/web/MERA/sol/01344.html

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: