check Opportunity and Spirit Gigapans

6 years 2 months ago #11903 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Opportunity and Spirit Gigapans
At last, thanks to Mr Todd (also my bloody hero!) I seem to be getting the hang of the RGB Stacking process

:blink: Or did I speak to soon!

See what you think, these are from sol 5004 --

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11905 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Opportunity and Spirit Gigapans
You can also adjust the light and dark exposure of each filter by selecting them. What you usually get in the final raw RGB image is in bad need of color and density correction. They are not consistent either, like when doing one particular sol, one or two will turn out strangely magenta and not match the rest. That's when you may need to use the photo filters to match them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
6 years 2 months ago #11908 by Glitch_Neo

You can also adjust the light and dark exposure of each filter by selecting them. What you usually get in the final raw RGB image is in bad need of color and density correction. They are not consistent either, like when doing one particular sol, one or two will turn out strangely magenta and not match the rest. That's when you may need to use the photo filters to match them.

As I have said before, you are a true Scholar and a Gent! Cheers Todd...

This is something I have been basically getting myself really confused over - your one paragraph made all the difference, after endless guides and playing about - and giving up on it as a lost cause!

Many thanks for all the advice, I'd like to return the favor for all the help, but I don't think there's much I know that would even be a fraction helpful to you sir!

More
6 years 1 month ago #11978 by Glitch_Neo
Here's a SPIRIT Rover Pancam Mosaic from Sol(s) 1906 - 1934 [PDS full res tif]

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206577

Enjoy - There's a few anomalies scattered around ;)

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #11982 by Glitch_Neo

MER Opportunity Rover - Sol(s) 952 & 953 "Victoria Crater from Duck Bay" Panoramic Camera

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206334

Originally taken on the 27th September 2006 - the Mosaic PIA10007 Was added to the NASA database in 2007

Source Image -

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/tiff/PIA10007.tif
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA10007

To compliment / accompany this Gigapan - I've Posted up a gigapan of "Victoria Crater" from HiRise -

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206583

Nasa Image PIA08813 : photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA08813
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Glitch_Neo.

More
6 years 1 month ago #11984 by Glitch_Neo
Evening All from a snowy UK - A quick visit to post this up

MER-B Opportunity Rover - Sol 3973 "Spirit of St. Louis" Composite

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206595

B)

More
6 years 1 month ago #11985 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Opportunity and Spirit Gigapans
Gotta wonder how those large rocks on the hill (center of gigapan) stayed where they are when whatever happened, happened.

Snow, huh? We've had well over 3" of rain here since this morning and it's still coming down. It's cold and snowy in the Western US, warm and wet in the East, and Rome had snow. Strange. I guess snow in the UK isn't all that unusual since you're almost inside the Arctic Circle. :)

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: