exclamation-circle The Martian Statue of Liberty?

7 years 8 months ago #6103 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic The Martian Statue of Liberty?
Here's a recently released image of the feature taken by Curiosity's right mastcam on sol 1419. I again attempted to correct the color and the noise from the browse jpg.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #6104 by billy.dennis71
Replied by billy.dennis71 on topic The Martian Statue of Liberty?
I am going to be really disappointed if this is just an unfortunately fallen rock. Thank you for all of the follow up. You really bring science to the forum.

More
7 years 8 months ago #6105 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic The Martian Statue of Liberty?
It sure looks intelligent design to me! Wow. Look at the base to the bottom left of it. Looks like a homeplate with layers.. There is a profile of a face on the cliff to we have been looking at from afar. I will hold judgement until the pds version is out but this is pretty awesome. The top of the triangle looks like an all seeing eye! I may be stretching it here but sure looks like it :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #6106 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic The Martian Statue of Liberty?
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #6107 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic The Martian Statue of Liberty?
There's this, lol.

I guess we'll see. Seems like quite a bit of interesting stuff up there.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Harry

More
7 years 8 months ago #6108 by billy.dennis71
Replied by billy.dennis71 on topic The Martian Statue of Liberty?
Wow. This is starting to get good!

More
7 years 8 months ago #6109 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic The Martian Statue of Liberty?
Nice enhancement. That being said, it now looks to me like the pyramidal object on the ledge is somehow in front of the ledge, like it is on another image layer. Maybe it’s just me, and I wear glasses, but is it possible this pyramid was superimposed into this image, perhaps to confuse and detract from something else?

I welcome feedback regarding this from someone with a better trained eye and more image analysis experience than me.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: