file Perhaps Martians WERE Little Green Guys

8 years 7 months ago #2662 by technovative

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2665 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Perhaps Martians WERE Little Green Guys
There do seem to be a lot of green things hanging around, like this object from Sol 568.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original
Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #2666 by technovative
Replied by technovative on topic Perhaps Martians WERE Little Green Guys
Yes Tod, I've come across a lot of objects that seem to have some green coloration to them. Especially after some white balancing and enhancement. Another example is this object seen in this SOL 844 image .

More
8 years 7 months ago #2667 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Perhaps Martians WERE Little Green Guys
I wonder if these are from the filters or just Green rocks! (or whatever they are).. Great stuff. I need to start making some more videos from the wonderful finds everyone here are finding! Thank you all so much! I am trying to get more time this fall to keep upgrading the website and moving forward! I am going to make a youtube show where I answer comments and questions from Youtube, Facebook and here! With some of the funny ones too.. The ignorants of the world ;)

More
8 years 7 months ago #2668 by technovative
Replied by technovative on topic Perhaps Martians WERE Little Green Guys
Will, I think the colors are really there and it's more likely that the filters are dulling them out. That said, I think sometimes in the enhancements that I do, the colors get a bit exaggerated.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2669 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Perhaps Martians WERE Little Green Guys
I think most of the colors are there, but a tad indecipherable like the other details. :dry:

More
8 years 6 months ago #2706 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Perhaps Martians WERE Little Green Guys
You know, after listening to Saturday's roundtable discussion on YouTube, with Will, Chris, Peter, Billy and Joe, you may both be right. Learning about the imaging equipment on the Rover helped me a lot, and ya'll brought up the issue of "on-board software" that may actually be doing some of the obfuscation, whether deliberate or not. However, I still think the puke butterscotch (as Will likes to call it!) is done at the university or JPL level--that goes a long way toward tricking the eye into NOT seeing a lot of things. Technovative is right though, there is a lot of green, as well as yellow, violet and other beautiful colors there once you balance the colors out.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: