Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #12934 by Todd
Did you process this from the raw data?

More
5 years 10 months ago #12935 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Ceres' / "Occator Crater" Oblique View / Gigapan
:whistle: No mate, this is the NASA PIA Image with a lot of filters and varying layers from HDR detail layer through to a smoothed layer - with everything else sandwiched between :blink: I was working on about 7 to 8 layers until the final flatten.....

There's a few interesting Dawn images I really like so I'm looking at how to process the raw data later this week.

Hope it's not too offensive on the eye! :dry:

More
5 years 10 months ago #12937 by Todd
I've been meaning to do some raw Dawn Occator stuff, but identifying it is extraordinarily difficult. I still haven't found an effective way to parse the data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
5 years 10 months ago #12938 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Ceres' / "Occator Crater" Oblique View / Gigapan
:unsure: :ohmy: Well if I find anything out I shall PM you right away, but I don't expect i'll be able to inform you of much that you don't already know ; more the opposite Todd, you usually point "me" in the right direction! lol :whistle: :lol:
I do thoroughly appreciate these pointers too ;)

More
5 years 10 months ago #12939 by Todd
The best stuff so far is the low altitude mapping orbit or LAMO phase of the mission. It's where this Occator mosaic is from. The only page for that raw data is here , at least that I'm aware of, but as I said, isolating and identifying the images is challenging. The only way to identify it, is to process it and there are several orbits with a ton of images, I only have so much time, lol. They need an analyst's notebook or an interface for the stuff.

More
5 years 10 months ago #12940 by Marstologist
Replied by Marstologist on topic Ceres' / "Occator Crater" Oblique View / Gigapan
Excellent angle for snapping the ancient collapsed archology.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: