More
5 years 10 months ago #12954 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Ceres' / "Occator Crater" Oblique View / Gigapan
;)

Todd you're more than welcome, Glad I could help out for once! :woohoo: :S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #12959 by Todd
Wow, it's still a lot of work but it narrows an impossible job down to maybe a few hours / days. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
5 years 10 months ago #12960 by Glitch_Neo

Wow, it's still a lot of work but it narrows an impossible job down to maybe a few hours / days. :whistle:

I will look forward to your images mate, I see the "Bar" being set by you with regards to MSL, Apollo & HiRise image processing / stitching etc... You strike me as a "purist" / no enlargements or wild edits - just crisp & concise ;) which I really like :)

~ I can get a bit carried away with image size and loose the clarity... and I struggle at times to get a nice balance - but i'm no subtle / pure / attention to fine detail type of bloke, more crank it up to max and see what happens! :blush: :oops: I'm trying to train myself that less can be more! :lol: :dry: :huh: :lol:

Cheers Todd

More
5 years 10 months ago #12962 by Todd

I see the "Bar" being set by you with regards to MSL, Apollo & HiRise image processing / stitching etc...

:blush:

You strike me as a "purist" / no enlargements or wild edits

Occasionally I do enlargements but usually in posts and articles to highlight something, not usually on GigaPan. I may post an over sized Occator, once I get it completed. I probably have hundreds of anomalies posted here in the forum. I've just been focusing on the full imaging for the last 18 months or so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
5 years 10 months ago #12991 by Glitch_Neo
Ceres - "Occator Crater"

Small Bodies Image Browser collected .png images used for this one -

Next to get to grips with the Fits format.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209156

More
5 years 10 months ago #12992 by Todd

Next to get to grips with the Fits format.

There are also .img files available on there, they're easier to process. Controlling the contrast in the FITS liberator can be challenging, to say the least. But if you want to start doing the raw telescope stuff, FITS is the only option most of the time.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: