file interesting animation 1

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1800 by Saintdlee
interesting animation 1 was created by Saintdlee
I figure one method to catch a slip up is to see video or in motion.....

Both are from SOL 967 RIGHT NAVCAM

Attachment SOL967RIGHTNAZCAManigif.gif not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Saintdlee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1802 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic interesting animation 1
Good job Saintdlee!!! Looks like the're playing, as if it's a game to dodge out of the way as it moves!!! :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saintdlee

More
8 years 10 months ago #1806 by Saintdlee
Replied by Saintdlee on topic interesting animation 1
Looks like waves crashing during a portion of it. Also looks like a hand or something very close to the rover comes in on left side frame, finger-looking type of deal

More
8 years 10 months ago #1808 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic interesting animation 1
Great idea!! Love it! How many frames are on these? We can add these to the main page articles if you make more!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saintdlee

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1809 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic interesting animation 1
Yeah, I see what you mean about the waves. I see them too,and it almost looks like they might be splashing on the rover itself, then you see a receding bubbly foam, after which we see what appears to look like wet sand. Did you see the structures in the background? I'm going to give it a long term stare tonight and see if i can catch anything more. You know the rover has been under continues surveillance by these creatures for days, and it appears to keep pushing on, like it's an amusement to them, and then they get board and walk off. Who knows.
Are we seeing a dust devil in the upper left of the first gif? It looks like someone walks by, and then you see the dust devil.
Oh hey, I wonder if NASA has found any water on Mars yet (just kidding) :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Cruisedad.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1816 by Saintdlee
Replied by Saintdlee on topic interesting animation 1
The number of frames corresponds to the number of pics from any particular cam at the time. I put some considerable work in trying to align them smoothly, but that sometimes cannot be possible for some frames are simply missing. Each SOL has one cam here thats used more than that one there, etc. as you already know Im sure, but I tend to play sleuth and figure out why NASA wants this # of photos on this cam on that day and why..... etc etc. Honestly, I forget the number in this particular one , but it can easily run into the hundreds

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: