file Serious Reptile Problem

8 years 10 months ago #1613 by Saintdlee
Serious Reptile Problem was created by Saintdlee
Is it just me or does Mars seem to have a problem with gigantic reptiles? I have ran across so many photos now that contain either what looks like pieces of (sometimes much more than a piece) scaled 'dinosaur' looking creatures. I know that sounds crazy but if you think about it, what better creature to adapt and thrive under the arid conditions than a reptile- we had them here after all... and if it weren't for that meteor that slammed into us and wiped them out, would we really still be the dominant life form here on this planet?

Anyways - look inside the 'gut' of the whatever and see for yourself.

original at mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00844/mcam/0844MR0037530360500988E01_DXXX.jpg
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1615 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Serious Reptile Problem
That's a fascinating image, Saintdlee, we've looked at this one before and marveled! You've made me think--a large reptile is a possibility I hadn't thought of! Now you've really made me want to be "boots on the ground", as it were, to see if those really are enormous scales, and to look for bones. Nice one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saintdlee

More
8 years 10 months ago #1616 by Saintdlee
Replied by Saintdlee on topic Serious Reptile Problem
If there were colonists already living there then that would explain the distress message that was sent out and the need for troops on the ground

More
8 years 10 months ago #1617 by Todd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

More
8 years 10 months ago #1620 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Serious Reptile Problem
There was a distress message sent out? Okay, you've got my curiosity up now, and why would they need troops on the ground? What's going on? Wait....I need another cup of coffee! Please elaborate! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saintdlee

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1621 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic Serious Reptile Problem
It's not you Saintdlee, the're all over the place. I'd say most the rocks you check out are these creatures, but they seem to be very intelligent. I call them insects because they have antennas and feelers. If you look the're dressed with shoes, clothing, and I've seen them with hats on too. It appears when they die they are left on top of the ground, and not buried. I've seen pictures of them intermingling with human types also.
I started circling them in the picture below, and finally gave up because there are to many to count. Some appear to have weapons in or near their bodies. Some have glasses on as in the second picture down. it would appear they have been dead for a long period of time, because there are small human type creatures that have built a small, but sprawling city around them, and have cut roads thru, over or under them.
As in the second picture, the third picture shows our little buddies all over the place. I have a good, but blurry close up of one of them and you can see his mouth and teeth.
As on Earth it seems Mars insects or reptiles, what ever you want to call them are the predominate ones, the difference being the insects on Mars are highly intelligence, and seem to be running the show, at least in the area where Curiosity is.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Cruisedad.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1623 by Saintdlee
Replied by Saintdlee on topic Serious Reptile Problem
Well not 'officially sent out' but look for my post marked 'distress message'

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: