file SOL 940 (Man at work, or is it a rock?)

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1381 by Cruisedad
SOL 940 (Man at work, or is it a rock?) was created by Cruisedad
Will did a great job on the video about this picture, and I've been working in engineering all my life, so anytime I see mechanical junk, it catches my interest. This picture is amazing with a junkyard of stuff to keep me busy (I'm retired) for a while. I think most of you will enjoy the work I did on this.
If you remember Will was pointing out a sort of square looking object out on the area that was fairly free of boulders, rock and debris and it really caught my eye. I spent half a day working on deNASAfying it and got it as good as I could. If you look at the NASA picture they really blurred that item out. What I found was a man (Martian) riding on the back of some sort of machine. If you look you will see he's straddling a seat like on a motorcycle, and it appears he's leaning against a black backrest. It appears he's got his right arm out stretched and may be holding on to what appears to be a chrome ring. The chrome ring appears to be a fan to me with the fan motor being mounted on the outside. It kinda looks like a jet engine, but it may be a fan to cool an electric motor or to cool an engine radiator. Don't know, but I like to speculate. It appears to have an exoskeleton frame, with the wheels being mounted on the inside of the frame. If you look close you can see what looks like a bearing housing on the outside of the frame and on the inside a fairly large tire.I'm not sure if I see another tire behind it, but there may be. To me it appears it might have a plow on front which is facing away from the rover.
All I gotta say is......... it is quite a rock:)
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Cruisedad. Reason: To fix some text.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: