file Big News Thursday from Curiosity Rover ?? NASA??

5 years 11 months ago #12825 by WillFarrar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd, dude, Glitch_Neo, RaptorZN2000

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• WillFarrar
  • WillFarrar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #12827 by Todd
You will be able to view it below on Thursday at 2 p.m. EDT.

More
5 years 11 months ago #12836 by Todd
Ancient organic molecules, methane found in Gale crater sampling.

www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-finds-ancient-organic-material-mysterious-methane-on-mars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

More
5 years 11 months ago #12837 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Big News Thursday from Curiosity Rover ?? NASA??
Please excuse my initial hair-brained observation.

Only a scientist from the west coast would find it important to explain she was not discussing the same organics one would find in the local market. Just saying...

More
5 years 11 months ago #12841 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Big News Thursday from Curiosity Rover ?? NASA??

Only a scientist from the west coast would find it important to explain she was not discussing the same organics one would find in the local market. Just saying...

Oh my goodness ... she actually said that?? Hilarious.

I suspect that no one listening to, or even reading about, Mars or the announcement today would think that "organic molecules" was synonomous with organic farming. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker, Glitch_Neo

More
5 years 11 months ago #12844 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Big News Thursday from Curiosity Rover ?? NASA??
The discovery of organic molecules on Mars is no surprise to me; a reasonable conclusion given Will Farrar finding evidence of liquid water (which, I may add, others have been claiming credit for. Whatever they say, Will Farrar was the FIRST to recognize it.)

It seems to me that the more recent SOLs are giving up more indications of at least one past civilization. Either the team releasing the images are becoming careless, or maybe they stopped caring at all. With the exception of the research here on WUINTS, sometimes the thought occurs to me that a good number of people are going to great lengths to come up with some kind of "evidence" even if it can be recognized only by someone with a really active imagination.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
5 years 11 months ago #12845 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Big News Thursday from Curiosity Rover ?? NASA??

After reading the news article, I was curious about her and it seems she's actually from the Eastern time zone ... works at Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland. Educated in Virginia, Indiana, and got a PhD at Penn State. Such scientists, especially the younger ones, usually act sort of west-coasty though. :P

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: