file NASA Scientists Seek Fossils of Ancient Mars' Life --"Was There a Common Ancestor? Maybe We're All Martians"

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #12537 by Glitch_Neo
Isn't it amusing how an Idea such as this, or even the notion that life once existed elsewhere only a few years ago was pretty much ridiculed and lumped into the "Conspiracy" section of society - thus making sure the general public wouldn't take it seriously :ohmy:

Very much like the way History has been stuck to it's "Biblical Narrative" and anyone who challenged the idea was either ridiculed and worse had their careers wiped out... Treated as laughable and stupid ideas - thus creating an almost subconscious feeling among the public that if you think "outside" of the box, evidence or not - your a loon or again Conspiracy weirdo...

Now we are seeing the start of a conscious change in the public and how we see the world / universe around us -

Old school rhetoric and lies are no longer so easy to sell to the sheepul.

The knowledge base and sheer ease of information gathering now is amazing compared to the past -
The internet not only has a "dark" side - But it can enlighten and teach and have far reaching implications for our future and hopefully more open minded generations too come.

Thank "god / allah / bhudda / the Ether" for the pioneers in outside the box thinking -
in Ancient times Leonardo Da Vinci dared to seek out knowledge that was banned - Putting his own life at risk for the greater good of understanding - to modern times with Erich von Däniken ignoring the mocking and seeking his own path of understanding at his own financial and academical risk.

ALL of Humanities History and Science should be an open and ever adjusting book - based on our incomplete / ever increasing knowledge base and evidence 'as and when' we get the latest information -

A conclusion based on a few old books, that are actually based on even older books IS NOT right....(Gilgamesh)

Just like its NOT right to compare everything in the cosmos / space to our little planet Earth - whilst referencing narrow minded ideas like the "Bible" or "Koran" as "Truth"

... the more we find out, the more we realise our tiny speck of the universe is vastly different to even the next closest Solar / planetary system - It's pretty arrogant of Humanity to think we are so special in the vast cosmos to be unique and the ONLY intelligent civilisation or planet with life.

Infinite combinations of the universes building blocks would surly create more than a few naked monkeys with Ideas??
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Glitch_Neo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #12538 by RocketDawg
I think it was the Brookings Report around 1960 that said the human race couldn't stand finding out that life exists elsewhere, that it would basically cause a collapse of societies and religions worldwide. I'm not sure that was true when the report was written, and I'm fairly certain that its not the case now. I really don't see that religions demand that life be restricted to Earth. Religion and life elsewhere in the universe just don't seem mutually exclusive to me. Apparently the notion doesn't exist even with the Vatican any more, since they said a few years ago that they admit that there might be life elsewhere.

Many of our founding fathers (when we were fighting you Brits, Glitch :P ) were open to the notion of life on other planets, but I suspect that most of the general public never really seriously considered it. The idea was certainly considered heretical in the Middle Ages, and led to the death of some early scientists for even that everything might not be Earth-centric.

I would think that a poll today would show that most people are open to the idea and even embrace it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: