lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #13023 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
MSL Curiosity Rover - Sol 2094 - Navcam Composite - 300 %

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209335
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #13026 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
There are some really odd patterns in the rocks/dried mud of Sol 1352. Mars always astounds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar
More
5 years 10 months ago #13032 by Glitch_Neo

There are some really odd patterns in the rocks/dried mud of Sol 1352. Mars always astounds.

It certainly is that! The Diversity of the landscapes from pole to pole never cease to hold my imagination - HiRise Images really show this amazingly diverse "Dead" Intriguing planet in all its glory from above - Its a shame they didn't send half a dozen of these rovers to various locations.... obviously the risks and costs mean that's just a day dream.....

30 - 50 years time, we may have these remote explorers all across the near solar system - the costs and size of the technology shrinking and becoming more efficient with every small step along the way. As we know simple formula / solutions / strategies work the best - If man can jump onto these sublimely simple ways of making progress the universe really "could be the limit" or not!!

anyways, there's my red wine and coffee fuelled 2 penny's worth - I hope it's half coherent!
More
5 years 10 months ago #13033 by Todd
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #13038 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Here are composites made from Mastcam images taken way back on Sol 109 from "Point Lake" and "Shaler."

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209401

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=109&camera=MAST_
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/00109.html
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #13083 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Here are composites made from Mastcam images taken back on Sol 123, 124, 126, 127 & 133.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209511
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #13086 by Glitch_Neo
Hey All,

Glad to be back with some spare time, this last week or two has been crazy at work, my car transmission decided to fail - full clutch destroyed ... so the cars dead, I have no intention of fixing the damn thing again - so I have been running around trying to find a "Get out of trouble" car for the few £'s I had left in the bank! lol :blink: :dry:

Then to top it all off I finally bought a bloody car - and had a serpentine belt fail this morning on my way to work! All I can say is thank god the water pump runs from the cam belt and not the Auxiliary serpentine belt... or the car would have boiled up trying to get it too work... Just fitted a new one at work and it seems all good now!! Phew!

So back on topic with a couple of my new Gigapans i haven't posted up here :

MSL Curiosity Rover - Sol 938 (M100) Right Mastcam [Pds] Enlarged

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209448

MSL Curiosity - Sol 1516 Pds @ 850% Enlargement

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209359

Curiosity Rover Sol 2098 Mastcam Composite [Jpeg] 142% original size

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209453

MSL Curiosity Rover Sol 2102 Left Mastcam Composite

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209500

MSL Curiosity Rover - Sol 1033 Right Mastcam / Enlarged

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209517

B)
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: