lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

5 years 11 months ago #12679 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Nice job by both you guys.

I've never done any image adjustment or enhancement or anything like that, but it would seem to me like the job is easier when you have a wheel or other part of the rover in the picture, since you know what color all the rover parts are. Am I correct?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
The topic has been locked.
  • RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #12680 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

..but it would seem to me like the job is easier when you have a wheel or other part of the rover in the picture, since you know what color all the rover parts are. Am I correct?

In short, yes it helps a little. I also correct to remove the color from the broadband filter wheel, it's usually red or orange depending on what version I'm using.
www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/pia16799.html
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #12686 by Marstologist
Replied by Marstologist on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Good colour and contrast overall on that one, Glitch.
More
5 years 11 months ago #12690 by Todd
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #12697 by Todd
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #12698 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Nice job by both you guys.

I've never done any image adjustment or enhancement or anything like that, but it would seem to me like the job is easier when you have a wheel or other part of the rover in the picture, since you know what color all the rover parts are. Am I correct?

Yeah It can really help with some thats for sure! It's nice to have the rover in somewhere if only for a reference to size sometimes too - It can be so deceiving having no size ref... :unsure: Hmmm that 'City' is 13.2 mm long... :whistle: :pinch:

Good colour and contrast overall on that one, Glitch.

Thanks, I can sometimes in my haste get light / colour balance balance quite wrong... then regret it after once I have time to review it in detail later on and kick myself :unsure: :lol: Although it gives me an excuse to "Re-Visit" the Sol's I suppose!

Hey Marsologist, I still have the 1500 - 3 set of mosaics in my working folder... I will try and pull some more detail and depth out of them - They are an interesting Sol or 3 B) ;)

Sorry for my prolonged absence, It's been really tought the last two weeks to get anywhere near my own PC, between all the spring Jobs around the house, garden and car (That I've procrastinated over for quite long enough! :blush: )
My youngest lad killed his PC ( Mother Board Fried :( ) I've been suffering / evicted and set onto other stuff :sick: :lol: - And the bloody crap my lad will install / blindly click yes to is worrying - I basically had to get the soap and stiff brush out... :angry: :ohmy:

...so today, at my first opportunity swapped his Main Board out for another before I kill him!! :dry: :lol: :silly: :blink: :whistle:

Now to have a good catch up on here - loads of threads to read and links to ... well.. link :blush:

Glitch

Attachments:
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #12699 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
MSL Curiosity Rover - Sol 1661 Right Mastcam Composite (Pds_Enlarged_Filtered)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/208376

Original size : 5570px X 1258px
Enlarged to : 32.000px X 7233px

Download this image here: www.flickr.com/photos/terraform-mars/27349908357
version 2 : www.flickr.com/photos/terraform-mars/27349918007

<strong>Sol 1421Again :dry: Sorry! I tried to bring more detail out than in my first version - Whilst calming the vibrance and saturation in the darker areas... colour areas of the mosaic.

( Here Ver 1 )

Curiosity Rover Sol 1421 Left Mastcam - (Pds) Version 2

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/208378

You can download a 50,000 px wide version of this Image Here:
www.flickr.com/photos/terraform-mars/40415463930

This one is also slightly larger in size than earlier version at 800 megapixels - I still think the Image can give so much more, I'm not the one that can do it mind! With my 10 year old Q6600 Frankenstein's PC, running a $30 at best GPU I cant expext to much more eh!! :lol: :dry: :sick:

Might have to start hinting (Lots!! :P ) as it's my Birthday in July.... :whistle:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Glitch_Neo.
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: