check Curiosity Sol 753 Composite

7 years 4 months ago #7226 by Todd
Curiosity Sol 753 Composite was created by Todd
This is a composite made from two right mastcam images taken on sol 753 of a nearby plateau in "Amargosa Valley." The hill is loaded with interesting samples and to my knowledge, these were the only images taken in this location.
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/00753.html
The images here were processed from the PDS raw DRCL .img files.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original raw browse jpgs:
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0753MR0032340100403671E01_DXXX&s=753
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0753MR0032340110403672E01_DXXX&s=753
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #7231 by Mr.G.0-9-a-z,A-Z
Replied by Mr.G.0-9-a-z,A-Z on topic Curiosity Sol 753 Composite
I have watched a ton of the Mars Photo's you guys have posted, and frankly, I am amazed at the things you've missed! And at the waffling going on, almost as if you won't commit to what you're seeing! I see 'so' many things, and have no one to point them out to!!

More
7 years 4 months ago #7232 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Curiosity Sol 753 Composite
Welcome aboard! If you see something say something. That's what it's all about.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #7233 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Curiosity Sol 753 Composite
Welcome to the board! We made this away from youtube so we could comment on various things! Anything you want to comment on go for it! I know I miss so much. I just went back to SOL 855 and realized the whole day's panorama shows SOOOOO much I missed looking at the single pics. Just made a PDS version of the day so it is CRYSTAL clear and will be the next video. Any images you want us to take a look at or get the PDS version (if they are from 14XX and back right now) since it takes about 6 months to get the hi-res data. Then we just convert it with their scientific software and its about 3 times clearer then the stuff the pawn off as "browse raw images" on the nasa site!

Welcome aboard..

More
7 years 4 months ago #7234 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Sol 753 Composite

I have watched a ton of the Mars Photo's you guys have posted, and frankly, I am amazed at the things you've missed! And at the waffling going on, almost as if you won't commit to what you're seeing! I see 'so' many things, and have no one to point them out to!!

There is no singular interpretation to these images, after all, they are generally two dimensional and taken from one angle remotely. As far as "waffling" goes, we simply don't know and sometimes even NASA doesn't completely commit to a pictorial interpretation. To paraphrase Carl Sagan, when referring to the "Elysium Pyramids," we will have to go there to find out. You're absolutely right, I personally don't commit to what I'm seeing because seeing is not always believing and two dimensional images are infamous in creating optical illusions. I'm confused by your last sentence. You don't point stuff out to us because we don't point them out to you as per your definitive satisfaction? This board welcomes differing points of view. If I had a team of survey engineers and archaeologists and could send them to Mars, I might be able to have more definitive answers for you, but I'm not afforded that kind of luxury, so I have to take what I'm given. If you have an opinion regarding formations in these images, or something you think we might have missed, I look forward to hearing from you.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: