check Curiosity Sol 1432 Composite

7 years 8 months ago #6152 by Todd
Curiosity Sol 1432 Composite was created by Todd
This is a composite made from three Curiosity left mastcam images taken on sol 1432 . The small butte resembles the carved out landforms you see in the Southwestern U.S., like the "monuments" of Monument Valley or Sedona AZ , albeit on a smaller scale. Most of those features were created by volcanic activity, wind and an ancient ocean which spawned rivers. There's also a lot of bizarre debris hanging around in this image. Perhaps this feature was once an ancient foundation for something now collapsed.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS originals:
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1432ML0070750020602504E01_DXXX&s=1432
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1432ML0070750010602503E01_DXXX&s=1432
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1432ML0070750000602502E01_DXXX&s=1432
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #6154 by Harry
Replied by Harry on topic Curiosity Sol 1432 Composite
Awesome image as usual, I really need to put some time aside to start learning how to process the images. The details on a lot of the items in the image are so much better than the ones coming from the NASA site. Here are my composites of the images from 1432 but they just aren't as clear as yours. I did do some filtering & minor enhancements but that's about it.

I also liked your first description about the buttes and the possibility of them being remnants of structures.

Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #6155 by Harry
Again, your processed image is amazing. I just slightly modified it with a filter and the details are amazing! Thanks again.

I guess the image is too big to attach to the thread.

Here's a link to the image: waslifeonmars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/1432pan-2e.png
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Harry.

More
7 years 8 months ago #6156 by Harry
There are some crazy good anomalies in the image. The details in the walls are crazy as well.

I just can't understand how so many "rocks" in all the images from Mars are so aerodynamic. What makes so many "rocks" have either very pointed tips or rounded ends? What are the odds of so many "rocks"? Those are mainly rhetorical questions. B)
Attachments:

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: