heart My favorite bug pic!

7 years 9 months ago #6059 by billy.dennis71
My favorite bug pic! was created by billy.dennis71
I love this bug!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #6064 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic My favorite bug pic!
Okay, let’s say it is a bug. While my first impression is that it is some kind of larva, on a closer look I have a different opinion. Comparing it with a Terrestrial insect, which has a head, a thorax, and an abdomen; I see these in this image.

I see what is a small black head on the left, or perhaps small black pinchers on a small head just to their right. Its thorax extends from the head/pincers on the left to about 13/32 (7/16?) of its entire length measuring from left to right.

Continuing from the right edge of the thorax to the end of its body, and increasing in diameter is what looks like a large abdomen bulging between radial grooves that, apparently, encircle the abdomen transversally. The abdomen also appears to have a bulge on its top rear half.

A dark and almost straight line appears on the near side of the top of this extending from its right end to about half the length of its abdomen. Below the near left half of its abdomen are shadows that appear to be (2,3, or 4) upper legs. I envision lower legs folded up longitudinally from these and tucked under the left half of its abdomen, and possibly extending under its thorax.

If this is a Martian bug, it does NOT look petrified to me. I envision the dark straightish line on its abdomen to be a scar, possibly having killed it recently.

Well, there’s my 2 cents worth. I am putting this one down in my “You tell me” category. :unsure:

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
---Dorothy
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by ??. Reason: Reset font.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: