file Strange Chem Cam shots

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2622 by Dawn
Strange Chem Cam shots was created by Dawn
:dry:

I have no clue what we're seeing here. These are Chem Cam shots taken of objects that seem to be in the distance, not right under the Rover. I didn't put the image number on two of them for fear of marking over objects, but they were all taken on that same SOL, if you want to go look them up. Someone with better analysis skills is welcome to work on these, I had to turn down the brightness and really hike the contrast to bring out some of the detail. Kind of a bizarre cave-looking structure that seems to have a door-frame(?) still in place. There also seem to be two "windows" or something up on top. Ya'll tell me what you think!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Dawn. Reason: Forgot something
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawn
  • Dawn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #2623 by dude
Replied by dude on topic Strange Chem Cam shots
yes, I believe I see the doorway & windows. good find! I have also been posting some anomalies that look like small living structures and huts. just from judging size, from using the rover wheels as the only reference, I think there was or is a set of beings about 2" tall. from all I see I believe there were many different sizes of beings that existed.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
8 years 7 months ago #2633 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Strange Chem Cam shots
Yeah, I'm not sure what the scale would be on these objects--I'm not even sure what the furthest focal point is on the Chem Cam. A couple of the shots definitely seem to be distance shots--and this isn't the first time I've seen the Chem Cam used to take images of things other than very close "pebble" sized objects. I've been scanning through the shots by other cameras trying to find this object, but haven't been successful yet. I'll keep looking! Thanks Dude!

• Dawn
  • Dawn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: