file Strange Elliptical Feature in Hellas Planitia

8 years 9 months ago #2078 by Todd
I suppose this elliptical feature in Hellas taken by the HiRISE camera on the MRO was an ancient impact site, but since that event, the surrounding terrain appears to have been modified. Similar to the presidents on Mount Rushmore, the interior ridge here looks adorned with some kind of fashioned monuments carved possibly into the existing stone cliff side.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn, fredg61

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #2080 by ben evans
Replied by ben evans on topic Strange Elliptical Feature in Hellas Planitia
WOW!!! Todd, in photos two, and three you can clearly see all kinds of different types of what looks to me to be made. I noticed so many anomalies that I just had to mark them out in the photo, and there's lots more as well. you hit the jackpot on this one Todd this is really good stuff. thank you for sharing this with us.

benny67
Attachments:

• ben evans
  • live free or die
More
8 years 9 months ago #2081 by Todd
Yes, there is a lot in that one. I try not to be too overly descriptive so as not to completely interfere with objective reasoning when viewing these images. :)

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #2089 by Todd
Also in the same Hellas HiRISE image ( ESP_034931_1350 ) this scene, showing an arrangement of objects that look very much like ruined constructions.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: