file Huge entrance and vehicle on Ceres ?

8 years 5 months ago #3182 by Bergen
Huge entrance and vehicle on Ceres ? was created by Bergen
NASA released a new hihg detailded image from Ceres , at the bright spot , a clear structure is visible. It has nothing to do with the enviroment on Ceres and is clearly made from other material than the surrounding area.
Also , something that looks like a vehicle, complete intact, is very good visible. Could there something or someone mining this dwarf planet ?
Just take a second to look at it, i'm sure you will be wondering yourself what this good be.

Video link : amazing structure on Ceres

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Bergen
  • Bergen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3183 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Huge entrance and vehicle on Ceres ?
Hello and welcome. :cheer: That image of Occator is a still from the Ceres 3D animated movie and not very detailed. They generally do a shape-from-shading or photoclinometry method, which stretches certain details in favor of dimension. The best image of Occator so far has been the catalog image released on 9/9/15.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA19889

More
8 years 5 months ago #3184 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Huge entrance and vehicle on Ceres ?
When it comes to potential evidence of mining on Ceres, I don't think there is a better example than the images of the crater Oxo with what appears to be a rectangular trench dug out along the side.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA20136

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA19907

www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.php/forum/news-spot/1400-craters-on-ceres-natural-morphology-or-intelligent-manipulation?start=7#3181
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Bergen

More
8 years 5 months ago #3186 by Bergen
Replied by Bergen on topic Huge entrance and vehicle on Ceres ?
Being the largest body in the asteroid belt, Ceres could become the main base and transport hub for future asteroid mining infrastructure,[1] allowing mineral resources to be transported to Mars, the Moon, and Earth.

Its colonization also could become a step on the way to the colonization of the objects in the outer Solar System, such as the moons of Jupiter. Because of its small escape velocity combined with large amounts of water ice, it also could serve as a source of water, fuel, and oxygen for ships going through and beyond the asteroid belt.[1]

The establishment of a permanent colony on Ceres might precede colonization of the Moon or Mars because the far deeper gravity wells of those bodies add dramatically to the cost and risk of colonization. As a consequence of a greater semi-major axis, Ceres has much more frequent launch windows to/from cislunar space than to/from Mars (the synodic period is 1 year 3.3 months compared to 2 years 1.6 months), and a Hohmann transfer takes 1 year and 3.5 months.[4][improper synthesis?] Transportation from Mars or the Moon to Ceres would be even more energy-efficient than transportation from Earth to the Moon.[

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Ceres
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

• Bergen
  • Bergen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3188 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Huge entrance and vehicle on Ceres ?
Welcome! Ceres surely is an amazing place. It looks like the death star :) I wasn't much of a star wars fan until Family Guy took them on :) It is funny most people think I would be into a lot of sci fi stuff and I really haven't been. Ceres is the perfect outpost I would imagine. The newly named "Ahuna Mons" really looks like it is from another world. Almost like a huge 12 mile ship landed there (or crash landed there). It certainly looks foreign to the rest of the place! That may be a little out there for most people but something about it since NASA called it a "Pyramid" when they first found it has really caught my eye! After what we have found I imagine we should be planning many new missions to the area. We need a lander for sure! I didn't know about the launch windows that is great information! Thanks for joining the forums!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bergen

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: