file Some more Ceres

8 years 6 months ago #2945 by Dongrizzly
Some more Ceres was created by Dongrizzly
It's crazy how difficult it is to tell the difference between craters and mounds on this planet. Awesome shits as usual and more lights too!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2948 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Some more Ceres
Yes, those craters from HAMO image 54 are bizarre and acctually appear somewhat similar.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/UCLA/MPS/DLR/IDA Original
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #2970 by Dongrizzly
Replied by Dongrizzly on topic Some more Ceres
Exactly! And what might this be in front of Oco crater?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

More
8 years 6 months ago #2973 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Some more Ceres
At the very least, that crater appears partially excavated.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA20120

More
8 years 6 months ago #2976 by Todd
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #2985 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Some more Ceres
Bizarre indeed. On that first image, I wonder what could cause that light patch at just one spot at the top of the crater rim? And the Oco Crater image is even more bizarre--it's almost as if someone took a huge snow shovel, jammed it straight down into the dirt, then pushed to the left, displacing the entire side of the crater rim in towards the center. I'd love to hear NASA's explanation...nice find, guys!

:S

More
8 years 6 months ago #2990 by Dongrizzly
Replied by Dongrizzly on topic Some more Ceres
Yes it definitely looks like some intelligent external forces at work here. Don't wanna jump soo fast to that conclusion but its just soo damm off from the norm and no real explanations being offered

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: