file Ceres is amazing

8 years 6 months ago #2866 by Dongrizzly
Ceres is amazing was created by Dongrizzly
Im new here and had to share this. I just hope everyone isn't forgetting about Ceres already. I like just looking at the pics as they are updated and I tend to find amazing things. The first 2 pictures are from HAMO 33 something stood out in the lower left of the image to me . and the additional two are HAMO 47 where I noticed the mound in the center crater and when zooming in seems to have some kind of irrigation coming out of it. Looks cool either way. Lemme know what y'all think and if anything is popping out at you too.

Link- dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia//images/ceres/html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd, Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2867 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Ceres is amazing
Hello Dongrizzly and welcome. Ceres is loaded unusual topography and those images are no exception. Quite a variety too, from objects that look like crystal constructions to pictorial crater landscapes. The crater mound you refer to looks almost star shaped. It could be a crater rim, but if it is, it's an exotic one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dongrizzly

More
8 years 6 months ago #2876 by Dongrizzly
Replied by Dongrizzly on topic Ceres is amazing
Thanks Todd. And yeah Ceres is loaded with odd landscape espically for its size. The sharp edges are what really stood out to me too. It's odd how there are alot of odd shapes within these craters espically. But as they say "follow the H2o" and apparently there is no shortage of that at all and in all forms

More
8 years 6 months ago #2888 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Ceres is amazing
:lol:

Hi Dongrizzly, welcome to the site! Yes, Ceres remains mysterious, and the images still pique curiosity, don't they? That crater is interesting. In addition to the odd central "mound" is the straight wall that "squares off" what should be a round shape (and isn't!) Looking at the exposed upper wall, it appears that the floor of the crater is relatively flat, in spite of the rolling landscape around it. Nice find!

More
8 years 6 months ago #2899 by Dongrizzly
Replied by Dongrizzly on topic Ceres is amazing
Thanks Dawn. And your right that whole area around that crater is different. That mound in the middle is oddly smooth, and us it just me or is the crater just to the right if it seem deeper or darker than the rest if the shodiws. It's really cool.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: