file Coincidence...or predictive?

8 years 11 months ago #1356 by Dawn
Coincidence...or predictive? was created by Dawn
:unsure: Hey guys, I heard a reference to this on an episode of "NASA's Unexplained Files" so I Googled it, and pow! there it was. LOL, I know I'm "late on the scene" in the Mars adventure, and ya'll have probably already discussed this at length, but I thought I'd post it just in case some haven't heard about it. In 1958, cartoonist Jack Kirby created a comic book episode that featured American astronauts that discovered a gigantic face on the surface of Mars. So, is this predictive programming, or just a coincidence? To make matters even weirder, this episode went on to mention that further images of the face suggested that it really was just a trick of lighting. Confusing, since this show is supposed to discuss weird, unexplained things related to NASA space programs! Is it also a coincidence that this show would end the episode with the suggestion that the whole "Face on Mars" thing has been pretty much debunked?

Anyway, I thought I'd pass it along for other members who, like me, are just now discovering the fascinating subject of the iconic "Face on Mars"! Cheers!

podcast.sjrdesign.net/files/060_Jack-Kirby-Face-on-Mars-1958.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawn
  • Dawn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #1364 by ben evans
Replied by ben evans on topic Coincidence...or predictive?
Jane, I thought I was the only one that watched "NASA's Unexplained Files" I love that show, and there's a new episode coming on this wed. I must have missed that episode about cartoonist "Jack Kirby" discovering a huge face on the surface of Mars. this is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder just what are we to believe, or not to believe lol. WOW!!! is this just pure coincidence??? or does nasa know far more than they are letting on. thank you for sharing this Jane this was really cool.

benny67

• ben evans
  • live free or die
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1366 by Todd
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Todd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

More
8 years 10 months ago #1371 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Coincidence...or predictive?
That is so cool, thank you! I love all the old science fiction stories. You remember that Jerry Pournelle has quite an extensive background with Boeing, and helped design Project Thor. I think, if I remember it right, it is a kinetic space-based weapon? Anyway, a good number of science fiction writers have a surprising amount of education and science behind them. Thanks again for the links!

• Dawn
  • Dawn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: