file Intriguing Sol 952 Mastcam Image

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1022 by Todd
Intriguing Sol 952 Mastcam Image was created by Todd
I don't really know how to describe what I'm seeing in this image, I'll just say based on my initial observation and reaction this image could be one of the most important yet. It is fairly clear and has anomalies in the foreground and the background, a lot of them, really. I'll just point out that what confuses me the most are what appear to be colorful transparent objects in the background. Could we be looking at still active holograms or something? This image is not quite as noisy as others I've seen. Take a look at it, but be warned, it's distracting. ;)
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0952ML0041930030403448E01_DXXX&s=952
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00952/mcam/0952ML0041930030403448E01_DXXX.jpg
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Todd. Reason: altered title
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben evans, Exedron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #1088 by Will Farrar
Replied by Will Farrar on topic Intriguing Sol 952 Mastcam Image
Some of the things look just like headstones from here on earth! Strange indeed Todd! Thanks for posting!

• Will Farrar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 week ago #1119 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Intriguing Sol 952 Mastcam Image
The large one in front looks like the head of a Chinese dragon or Godzilla or something. :cheer:
Do you see the blue transparent pyramid in the background? :huh:

Original NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Image Here
Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 week ago #1120 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Intriguing Sol 952 Mastcam Image
That's too weird, Todd. I enlarged that last one and am confused on a couple of issues. The objects that are shaped like tombstones have shadows that are different than the shadow of the large rock they are next to. So, are these object opaque, maybe, or have they been "smudged" maybe? Very odd things in these new images, thanks!

More
9 years 1 week ago #1123 by Todd
I see what you are saying, it's a fairly high sun angle so the shadows are pretty short. I think the one "tombstone" behind the larger object is just far enough away so its shadow falls on the ground in between.

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #4845 by Todd
Here's a version processed from the pds raw .img file with an enlargement below.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original raw browse jpg:
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0952ML0041930030403448E01_DXXX&s=952
Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: