file SOL 508 ANOMALIES

5 years 6 months ago #13876 by Arlis
SOL 508 ANOMALIES was created by Arlis
The original NASA image is found at:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00508/mcam/0508MR2000034000E1_DXXX.jpg

The original image was enhanced using:

GNU Image Manipulation Program/Filters/Enhance/Unsharp Mask/default settings -- one pass

The enhanced image is attached as: 0508MR2000034000E1_DXXX.jpg, with ellipses enclosing major anomalies.

Zoomed views of the major anomalies are attached as 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg.

001.jpg -- A rectangular plate, presumed to be metallic, on the planet's surface, canted at a slight angle. The plate appears to have an underlying framework, sheathed by metal sheet. The framework is exposed at the nearest corner (lower center of ellipse), where the sheathing is absent. Something with a saw-toothed, circular shape (disk) appears to overlay the plate (right side of ellipse). Other strangely-shaped objects, scattered among natural, surface material, overlay the disk.

002.jpg -- An anomaly that looks like a vehicular seat. The back of the seat and its bottom face the camera. The seat appears to be covered with some sort of fabric. The fabric's frayed edges are visible on the seat's bottom. The color of the seat mostly matches the planet's surface, probably because the fabric has become coated with surface dust.

003.jpg -- Three anomalies are highlighted. The leftmost anomaly appears to be a vehicular cockpit section, with its nose pointed to the right. This vehicular section is open at the top. The side facing the camera, the windscreen, and the nose look to be essentially intact.

Anomaly, upper right. A humanoid, skull sculpture, atop stacked rocks. Widely speculating that this is a vehicular crash site, the skull sculpture could be a memorial monument, or a warning marker.

Anomaly, lower right. A tubular section, consisting of a framework covered by metallic sheathing, some of which is missing. The end of the tube is open at the right end of the ellipse. Note the light and shadows within the tube.

It's recommended that viewers download the original NASA image, enhance the image using GIMP, or similar software, then use an image editor/viewer to zoom-in on areas of interest. Other, minor anomalies can be found. Only the major anomalies are mentioned here.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #13877 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic SOL 508 ANOMALIES
Excellent first post! Welcome to the forum. I had sent you an email earlier on the messaging system here. I have looked at this sol so many times and missed a lot of these.

The amount of debris encountered in such a small spot totally just screams a destroyed civilization.

Keep them coming! We have some cool moderators and posters that swing by now and then..

More
5 years 6 months ago #13892 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic SOL 508 ANOMALIES
Hello Arlis and welcome! B) I went ahead and processed the image from the raw PDS DRCX version to try and get a cleaner image than the DXXX raw browse jpg. It certainly is a strange assortment of stuff lying there all in one place. The first image is full size, the bottom image is enlarged at 150%.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #13894 by Arlis
Replied by Arlis on topic SOL 508 ANOMALIES
Thank you, Todd, for the images you posted, and the PDS-imaging link. I want to emphasize for other viewers of this topic that they should download full-size NASA images, and then use an image editor/viewer that can magnify those images as desired. My favorite editor/viewer is IrfanView. Image enhancement is not necessary to see artifacts, but often helps others to see what is being described by an anomaly hunter.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Arlis. Reason: typographical error

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: