file Viking Orbiter - Mars Colour Global Mosaic - (Gigapan) A Classic Image

5 years 7 months ago #13600 by Glitch_Neo
Hey everyone, ;) Hope everyone is good?

Here's a Cool Image.... One I remember from some of my fave books and magazines as a lad.

Just about managed to fight the original 11.8GB tif - Down to a much more manageable1.3GB png - Although it is reduced slightly in size.

Viking Orbiter - Mars Colour Global Mosaic
About 65000 pixels by 40000 (Approx Size) = 2.08 Gigapixels

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/211233

I hope one or two of you members and wallflowers alike enjoy this classic image. It took around 14 mins just to open the image in Photoshop CC 2015 on my machine - Editing was not fun.... don't fancy trying again! lol :lol: :lol:

Sorry Typo In Title - Had to Delete and Re-post....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #13602 by RocketDawg

Hey everyone, ;) Hope everyone is good?

Here's a Cool Image.... One I remember from some of my fave books and magazines as a lad.

Just about managed to fight the original 11.8GB tif - Down to a much more manageable1.3GB png - Although it is reduced slightly in size.

<strong>Viking Orbiter - Mars Colour Global Mosaic</strong>
<em>About 65000 pixels by 40000 (Approx Size) = 2.08 Gigapixels</em>

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/211233

I hope one or two of you members and wallflowers alike enjoy this classic image. It took around 14 mins just to open the image in Photoshop CC 2015 on my machine - Editing was not fun.... don't fancy trying again! lol :lol: :lol:

<em>Sorry Typo In Title - Had to Delete and Re-post.... </em>

Very nice and much appreciated. Take a deep breath and work on the 11.8 version now. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
5 years 7 months ago #13604 by Glitch_Neo

Very nice and much appreciated. Take a deep breath and work on the 11.8 version now. :)

:huh: :unsure: Maybe not on this machine Rocket Dawg :sick: :blush: - But hopefully Christmas will bring me closer to the "Bar" Hardware wise :lol: :blink:

Cheers My good man.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: