question-circle NASA calls this a 'Circular Feature' on Mars

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #11556 by RaptorZN2000
NASA calls this a 'Circular Feature' on Mars was created by RaptorZN2000
This photograph (PSP_009223_2640) was taken by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) HiRISE Camera on 15 July 2008.

NASA describes this photograph as "Circular Feature in Polar Cap."

There are no similar 'features' in the photograph and it definitely looks out of place.

The close-up appears to shows that this anomaly might not be a hole or crater, i.e. the highlights and shadows don't match the surrounding landscape.

Also, the Martian surface looks slightly indented and flattened towards the top right of the anomaly, almost like an impact trench.

Further up the surface looks manipulated, almost blurred.

Original NASA source: www.uahirise.org/PSP_009223_2640

I downloaded the JP2 to view the anomaly.

Could this be a disc-shaped craft that crashed into the Martian surface or just a hole or crater?

My Blog entry: mars.raptorzone.co.za/2018/03/04/nasa-calls-this-a-circular-feature-on-mars/

My YouTube Video featuring this anomaly:

My Mars Anomalies YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI9L6oxXszc-iCy3ApVeiA
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by RaptorZN2000. Reason: Changed Blog URL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RaptorZN2000
  • RaptorZN2000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #11557 by tika
What really strikes me is the 'weaved' net pattern of the ground. here s obvious blurring as well. Which means there _is_ something interesting to see. The weaved pattern is _not_ due to instruments limitation, as the white spot itself has great details, almost too much resolution compared to the rest of the image.. I kind of see round shapes _under_ the net.

For the blurred part. What is hidden is still kind of visible, in lighter color. I think the object they are hiding is probably bright white in real life. Interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RaptorZN2000

More
6 years 3 months ago #11561 by dude
you guys seem to be totally sold on the fact that NASA does heavy manipulation & blurring to these images. I know that many others also share these feelings & I understand at times. what I have never understood is an image that has had all these manipulations done to hide something, then why would NASA even publish the said image at all ?? we would never be the wiser & would never know the image existed . help me figure out why they would publish these corrupted files. :(

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 3 months ago #11563 by tika
I think Americans pay a lot of taxes so that NASA, a 'civilian' governmental agency can send probes to Mars and the likes. The taxpayer sure expects some images.

More
6 years 3 months ago #11567 by RaptorZN2000
Replied by RaptorZN2000 on topic NASA calls this a 'Circular Feature' on Mars
Hi dude, thank you for your comment and question.

What I find strange is that NASA published similar photo's with the words "Ice Cap" somewhere is the title and/or description, here they chose "Circular Feature." Very odd.

I think there are people at NASA want want the truth to come out whilst others are totally against it. This manipulation may be a way of revealing something between the lines ... pixels.

Regards, Jean
The following user(s) said Thank You: tika

• RaptorZN2000
  • RaptorZN2000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #11570 by tika
An ice cap is circular, should I say more?

More
6 years 3 months ago #11571 by ??
I'm not sure what to make of this one. It looks to me like something...something...has been obscured.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: