lightbulb Derelict crashed craft inside Martian crater

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #11253 by RaptorZN2000
Derelict crashed craft inside Martian crater was created by RaptorZN2000
This image (ESP_026572_2220) was taken by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) HiRISE on 28 March 2012 at 15:04.

NASA describes this image as "Well-Preserved Mid-Latitude Impact Crater."

I discovered what seems to be a derelict crashed disc-like (UFO) craft inside of Martian crater, perhaps abandoned for decades. I estimate the diameter of this object to be approximately 10 metres (at NASA's stipulated 25 cm/pixel).

Is that a second, reflective craft next to it? Also see the trenches the craft left behind.

Original NASA source: www.uahirise.org/ESP_026572_2220

Is this a natural anomaly or perhaps another disc-like craft on Mars?

Visit my Blog for further information: mars.raptorzone.co.za/2018/03/04/derelict-crashed-disc-like-craft-inside-of-martian-crater/

View my YouTube video for these anomalies:

All my Mars anomalies can be viewed at my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI9L6oxXszc-iCy3ApVeiA
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by RaptorZN2000. Reason: Added update video

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RaptorZN2000
  • RaptorZN2000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #11280 by Todd
I think the map projected scale is referring to the larger RDR version, which would make the formation closer to around 400 meters. Below is a full size crop from the PDS RDR version , they look like landforms to me. I don't see anything there that resembles a "craft" of any kind, although the terrain itself is pretty interesting.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RaptorZN2000

More
6 years 3 months ago #11291 by RaptorZN2000
Replied by RaptorZN2000 on topic Derelict crashed craft inside Martian crater
Hi Todd, thanks a million for the higher resolution image and your analysis. Just a quick question, does the object to the left not look reflective to you? Looking forward to your reply. Regards, Jean,

• RaptorZN2000
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #11293 by Todd
In the higher contrast image, it does look a little reflective, but it's missing some detail. In the full size image, it appears to be just the reflective albedo on lighter toned material.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RaptorZN2000

More
6 years 3 months ago #11300 by RaptorZN2000
Replied by RaptorZN2000 on topic Derelict crashed craft inside Martian crater
Thanks Todd. I thought it may be, weird! Cheers for now.

• RaptorZN2000
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: