file Spirit Sol 318

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9811 by Haymaker
Spirit Sol 318 was created by Haymaker
mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/2/p/318/2P154595701EFF9400P2292L2M1.JPG

I came across this image taken by the Spirit rover because of the black shape top left. Looks a bit like a crow. But could be a speck of dust on the lense. This is an old anomaly. But there is another interesting feature that is far more down to earth. Check out the rough ground of rocks with the nice straight demarcation line then dirt. If you were in a field or desert on Earth you'd likely think road or track or the old remains of a disused road. At least I would.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Haymaker.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Haymaker
  • Haymaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #9818 by dude
Replied by dude on topic Spirit Sol 318
yes, it does look like a bird. we tend to not call out roadways & footpaths enough, even thou I see them very often. let's try to concentrate a little more on those since they are good anomalies also. I post a lot of small objects that most people don't seem too impressed with but they could have huge implications if you think about it. anyway, we should post what we see whether it's exciting or not. all anomalies will add up in the end we hope!

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 7 months ago #9828 by Haymaker
Replied by Haymaker on topic Spirit Sol 318
Keep posting dude. :) Small objects can be problematic unless the image is of a very good quality. I've been caught out multiple times myself thinking I've found something significant only to be let down when I've found a better image later.

• Haymaker
  • Haymaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: