file Martian Organisms Attack, Damage Curiosity's Rover Wheels After Only 10 Miles

7 years 5 days ago #8476 by Todd
An electron microscope would provide confirmation, too bad there isn't one on board. :dry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 days ago #8478 by Badsneaker
That damage to the wheels has been going on for some time.

More
7 years 5 days ago #8479 by ??
Thanks for the input, guys. The article caught my attention because it is one of the claims listed in the lawsuit brought against NASA here: "SOMETHING" Is Moving Around On Mars 4/20/17 . The actual lawsuit story begins @ about 5:24.

The "Martian Organisms..." article was referenced and so I gave it its own thread here. I am not sure what to make of it other than that its author puts forth an interesting hypothesis, to me anyway.

• ??
  • ??'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #8646 by Smittysmit
Just my 2 cents worth but could these aluminum wheels possibly be in contact with Gallium? Aluminum will break down quickly when in contact with Gallium. I would imagine that the wheels would have been anodized or have some other coating. This could wear away over time grinding in the grains of soil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben evans, Todd

More
6 years 11 months ago #8647 by Todd
Smittysmit, that is an incredibly thought provoking possibility. If there is a large amount of Gallium in the soil, not only would it contribute to wheel damage but its presence would point to the prior existence of a technically advanced civilization.B) If there was an ancient technological civilization on Mars, something like that happening would not be too out of the ordinary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben evans

More
6 years 9 months ago #9210 by ??
Attachments:

• ??
  • ??'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: