file Curiosity Sol 1648 – Composite View 1 & Anomalies

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #8356 by Harry
It's been a while since I've posted as I took a break. The images over the past 100 sols have been pretty bad quality for the most part and needed to focus on some other things. Not sure how much I'll post over the next month or so but if I see something interesting, I'll try to post it.

Also just wanted to say, nice job on the Gigapans Todd!

This composite view of Mars Sol 1648 consists of five individual images from the Left Mast Camera (Mastcam) (MSSS-MALIN) on the Curiosity Rover.

As with many images from the Curiosity, they always seem to contain a lot of anomalies and sections that just don't seem to look right, IMO. :) So here are few anomalies from the composite that seemed interesting to me...

and as usual, there are many, many more in the images. Enjoy! :)
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Harry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8366 by Todd
Yes, the last 100 sols or so haven't been too exciting. Imo, a lot of mud and silt settled here, permanently burying anything of real interest and only over time has the top layer been revealed. However, like your examples, there is the occasional oddity stuck down in what looks like the top sedimentary layers. If the wheels stay on and it can get closer to the base of Mount Sharp, we'll probably see some interesting stuff again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: