file More Statue Parts

7 years 2 months ago #7838 by Badsneaker
More Statue Parts was created by Badsneaker
More statue parts for your consideration. This is from SOL 703 Right Mast cam. I've included examples from Mayan art to show that there is some basis for my reasoning.
This image was retrieved from www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/image/00703/0703MR0029770010402288E01_DXXX.html
I put together a mozaic from this SOL. There is an abundance of curiosities. I'd post it but it is rather large.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7839 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic More Statue Parts
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

More
7 years 2 months ago #7874 by barkingsteve
Replied by barkingsteve on topic More Statue Parts
tried cleaning it up a bit....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

More
7 years 2 months ago #7875 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic More Statue Parts
Here's a version processed from the PDS DRCL .img file. If it was a statue, it looks like it might have been part of a decorative wall, similar to what we see at Borobudur Temple .

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #7879 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic More Statue Parts
I'll jump in here, just for grins.

I have highlighted two items in this image by enclosing them in red squares. The square on the right looks a lot like a stone nose, and the nose really stands out, and a set of lips. To me, this is as good a call as any.

I also highlighted another shape in the square on the left and drew a line around it. To me, this looks like a little man. I am putting this one down as pareidolia.
Attachments:

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #7886 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic More Statue Parts
It's an interesting piece, the layers look evenly spaced, all the vertical fractures look straight. The section that I enlarged below is kind of bizarre.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #7894 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic More Statue Parts
And there's that creepy face again
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Badsneaker. Reason: It's my day to srcew things up

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: