check Curiosity Sol 1373 Composite: Martian Artifacts?

7 years 3 months ago #7139 by Todd
This is a two frame composite made from left mastcam images taken on sol 1373. There is a lot to see in this image, the most prominent example is the half buried, layered object that tapers off into something of a bottleneck shape. The images were processed from the PDS raw DRCL .img files, enlargement below.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS originals:
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1373ML0067250060601227E01_DXXX&s=1373
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1373ML0067250050601226E01_DXXX&s=1373
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude, Harry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago #7140 by marlena
Well done!

More
7 years 3 months ago #7143 by Todd

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
  • Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #7182 by Harry
One of my favorite anomalies! Great processed images as usual Todd.And great video Will.

www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.php/forum/the-planet-mars/2617-mars-sol-1373-very-cool-anomaly#5567

There is also another very interesting image in the Sol 1373 group that was taken by the MAHLI. Part of what's really interesting is that they released the image upside down. There are also some amazing anomalies within the image and I believe are parts of an air/space craft. In the upper left had corner you can see the nose/cockpit area and part of the wing coming down the hill. Further to the right past the sand dune, you can see parts of the body. In the lower portion of the image you can see many items/anomalies lying on the surface.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01373/mhli/1373MH0003250050502539E01_DXXX.jpg

The image rotated to show the correct orientation...

The enhanced image...

A few anomalies:

You can see more here:
waslifeonmars.com/mars-sol-1373-1373mh0003250050502539e01-anomalies/
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Harry.

More
7 years 3 months ago #7205 by Todd
Here it is processed from the PDS raw DRCL .img file. Any landscape images the MAHLI camera takes will appear upside down, I have flipped this one 180°.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS raw browse jpg original
Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: